trickpony1

"Could care less" is generally used sarcastically, so only people who are overly concerned about literal meaning versus figures of speech actually could care less.

"Could care less" means you still have some "care" left so you, literally, could care less.
"Couldn't care less" means you have no more "care" left so you, literally, couldn't care less.

...so only people who want to present themselves as being educated and well spoken are overly concerned about the literal meaning versus figures of speech and actually should care.

I know it's difficult.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
We have a veteran loader and we're all giving him $20 a piece tomorrow.
My loader had another stellar year. No misloads and everything loaded in near perfect ORION delivery order. Sending him and his family to Kauai again next month.
IMG_20170113_180548611_HDR.jpg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I make $25 an hour. Some people are still in progression, Dave. Plus there are 6 people on my line that are giving $20.

I don’t give my helper anything because I’ve had three different ones and they don’t show up on Fridays when I would buy them lunch.

I don’t owe anybody anything. Nobody should be insulted. I’ll vote no on the contract if they don’t get a raise. How are you voting? To give the company more so they continue screwing the PTers?

Also, not everyone has their own route, or a regular loader. If I felt obligated to gift every preloader who ever loaded for me, my Christmas budget would get out of hand pretty quickly. What about the unloaders? The pal scanners? What about local sort? We all have to draw the line somewhere, and make our decisions based on our circumstances.

I give my regular loader $100, my Peak loader and helper $25 each.[/QUOTE]

wow thats pretty generous. I am kinda hoping my drivers don't tip me tomorrow. I dont know if I'd feel right accepting it since i'm pretty sure I make more money than all but one of them. I'm full-time at top-rate inside and they are all rookie cover drivers. Is it rude to decline a tip? whats the etiquette there?

Also, not everyone has their own route, or a regular loader. If I felt obligated to gift every preloader who ever loaded for me, my Christmas budget would get out of hand pretty quickly. What about the unloaders? The pal scanners? What about local sort? We all have to draw the line somewhere, and make our decisions based on our circumstances.
thats takin it a little far. If you have a consistent loader who does a respectable job, you should give him some kind of tip. If you are lucky enough to have an exceptional loader who can put 400 pieces on your car in perfect stop for stop order, than I think u owe him a rather large tip. Unloaders, scanners, and others dont have any effect on your workday. So thats just dumb. A good preloader can be the difference between having time to stop for lunch or not. They work extremely hard and are pitifully compensated.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I think it's really a shame how preload supervisors do not care AT ALL about what happens to the driver after dispatch so long as their own production numbers are hitting the mark. Ive worked on the preload a very long time and have noticed a steady decrease in the standards that the people loading package cars are held to. I am often asked to go help other loaders wrap their pulls and am always amazed at how horribly and carelessly their cars are loaded. I wonder if they dont understand the way the sequencing works(dont load a 2000 under an 8000) or if they just decided doing it the right way is too much work. Either way it should be unacceptable. I think that the loaders dont care because they know their managers care even less. As long as it gets on the right truck and out the door they are satisfied...the driver can deal with the mess. There are never any load-quality audits performed anymore....EVER. And just once at a PCM id like to hear a sup say something like "lets really focus on getting these cars loaded in good order, these drivers work hard enough without having to re-sort their entire truck, thats your job." The fact is, they never say that because they dont care. My preload puts out a really crappy product, REALLY crappy! I'm ashamed to be a part of it.. But as long as the numbers look good the preload sups think everything is just fine. Reality doesnt matter, just the numbers. Thats why I always tell the new loaders to approach it as if they work for the drivers, not the supervisors. Its not all the sups fault though. I guess they cant train somebody to take pride in their work if they dont already. I guess these days its hard enough just getting people who will show up every day and keep up with the pace.
Its a problem that really should be addressed.
I load overweights on the top shelfs

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Never thought your loader tried to leave them easy access in the back? Why wouldn't you check back there?
they didnt, he was lazy and just threw it in at the end of the day, didnt want to walk it around or they bulked out the middle of the car