UPSjedi41

C3CB7B1F-C382-40FB-8632-8A31065321B2.jpeg

First time in over 10 years I didn’t tip my Christmas loader. Kid was an absolute maroon. Would show him over and over how to load it. He would look at me with a blank stare. I show him again he would nod. Every damn day a disaster.

Explain what happens to the packages when the vehicle moves, reverses, turns and etc. Do you guys even try to communicate? Does he know his poor work ruins your day?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
"Could care less" means you still have some "care" left so you, literally, could care less.
"Couldn't care less" means you have no more "care" left so you, literally, couldn't care less.

...so only people who want to present themselves as being educated and well spoken are overly concerned about the literal meaning versus figures of speech and actually should care.

I know it's difficult.

Colloquialisms, idioms, and figures of speech are all perfectly legitimate uses of language in an informal setting. I think we can all agree brown cafe qualifies as informal. It's unnecessary to correct someone's use of language when what they wrote got their point across.

I wouldn't worry so much about presenting yourself as well educated. If you truly are, then it will come through without needing to prove it by trying to correct others' use of language unnecessarily.

Here's an article that should help:
Caring About Whether You Couldn't Care Less - Everything After Z by Dictionary.com

The Driver

I drive.
Colloquialisms, idioms, and figures of speech are all perfectly legitimate uses of language in an informal setting. I think we can all agree brown cafe qualifies as informal. It's unnecessary to correct someone's use of language when what they wrote got their point across.

I wouldn't worry so much about presenting yourself as well educated. If you truly are, then it will come through without needing to prove it by trying to correct others' use of language unnecessarily.

Here's an article that should help:
Caring About Whether You Couldn't Care Less - Everything After Z by Dictionary.com

Wagging his finger at a bunch of truck drivers for poor grammar... kinda gay.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
When you're loading 500 packages into a P800, the load is gonna look like crap no matter what.
I have 500 in a p600. You don't load in order or by hin. I just group neighborhoods and that one annoying guy who orders 10 things every day together and my driver does the rest. I'm instructed to put bulk pieces in around twice a day and then they get tossed out immediately after the supervisor leaves my work area.

afaik this driver arrives wasted, re-sorts the car, breaks every speed limit, probably gets stoned on some other goodies later in the day, Lumps the dead carcass of another helper out of his car and arrives back around 9. Repeat this six days a week for the past 5 weeks.
We are both sick of peak season.

specter208

I have 500 in a p600. You don't load in order or by hin. I just group neighborhoods and that one annoying guy who orders 10 things every day together and my driver does the rest. I'm instructed to put bulk pieces in around twice a day and then they get tossed out immediately after the supervisor leaves my work area.

afaik this driver arrives wasted, re-sorts the car, breaks every speed limit, probably gets stoned on some other goodies later in the day, Lumps the dead carcass of another helper out of his car and arrives back around 9. Repeat this six days a week for the past 5 weeks.
We are both sick of peak season.
What I'll do is ask my Sup for permission to leave out 1 or 2 shelves of packages and have the driver come back for those packages later. I'll also load the packages in sequence and load the larger numbers behind the smaller ones using the full depth/width of the shelves. I've also thought about loading the 7000 and 8000 as huge bulk stops on the floor and use the extra shelf space to get the first 6 shelves in better shape.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I tipped my helper a hundred, we have worked since mid-October and he showed up everyday. The Preloader who usually loads my car and my mechanic will get a steak dinner from Longhorns. Tipping my mechanic is probably one of the smartest things I have ever done. Word got around fast in the shop and my car gets taken care of.