Debates

Karma...

interesting debate...very similar to the first debate as to questions and verbal hits back and forth....the moderators did a good equal fair job......no new ground covered....either candidate will do a fine job as union president......mr obrien conducted himself much better than in the first debate......it was a debate of personalities rather than issues.........not many teamsters were watching so it could be the membership is rife with apathy.....too bad......looks like another low turnout and the minority will yet again dictate and control the majority.......I am surprised that the teamsters dont require every member to vote so its a democracy and not a republic..

542thruNthru

interesting debate...very similar to the first debate as to questions and verbal hits back and forth....the moderators did a good equal fair job......no new ground covered....either candidate will do a fine job as union president......mr obrien conducted himself much better than in the first debate......it was a debate of personalities rather than issues.........not many teamsters were watching so it could be the membership is rife with apathy.....too bad......looks like another low turnout and the minority will yet again dictate and control the majority.......I am surprised that the teamsters dont require every member to vote so its a democracy and not a republic..
A lot of teamsters jobs are not 9 to 5. Hard to watch a debate while working. Also the stream was screwing up for many.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Figures...the only person to see the debate without interruptions is a retired UPS manager.👹

Karma...

I saw it on Facebook and when it became intermittent I tried you tube which worked without interruption.....it was a great example of adapting to changing conditions .

DELACROIX

I saw it on Facebook and when it became intermittent I tried you tube which worked without interruption.....it was a great example of adapting to changing conditions .

“Getting the Big Picture”...

“Work Smarter not Harder”...👍

Karma...

the first principle of management is to never ask a person to do something you wouldn't do......thats where promotion from with-in ensures management credibility.......exactly like when I was in the marines and there were many mustangs who had that credibility...point is that all marine officers went thru o.c.s. at quantico under regular marine d.i s..
and were infantry as was i.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
the first principle of management is to never ask a person to do something you wouldn't do......thats where promotion from with-in ensures management credibility.......exactly like when I was in the marines and there were many mustangs who had that credibility...point is that all marine officers went thru o.c.s. at quantico under regular marine d.i s..
and were infantry as was i.
I had a hard ass former marine as an on car 30 years ago, trained me as a driver, I learned how to do the job safely and without running. He was a crusty bastard and sometimes hard to talk to but he had the backs of his crew, never screwed us over. I miss that old jar head. He died shortly after retiring, sad.

DELACROIX

I just skimmed the video the best I could...O’Brien’s closing statement was effective, other than that pretty much the same as the first.

There was a mention about companies like Kroger’s buying out of the Central with less accrual rates.

The First time many on this site had the opportunity to see the 2018 contract we knew it was concessionary. The only way that the International could hope to pass it was by raising the starting part time rate by 3 bucks an hour after nearly 25 years of 8.50 stagnation. Most of these kids were more than willing to vote “yes” just for pay raise. That was just enough voted to apply the 50 % clause,

So..my plus 40 year, well informed full time vote was canceled out by a transient 4 month part timer, that is how we got stuck with the two tier package care classification.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Why is there always some kid of issue when they have these debates? They are still stuck in the last century