December 24th, what time did you punch out?

JackStraw

Got no problem with anybody bangin' out Christmas eve.Kudos to you for having the boulders to do it. Management won't forget it though so don't expect any favors from them.

DamageCallTag

It's funny how everyone on here can talk all his crap about me screwing over my fellow drivers and I would like thank the few who are on my side! For starters while everyone else was taking off during the summer and spending time with there family I was working and patiently saving my option days. While all the other drivers where getting easy days, safely days, help from management so they could make their kids football game every Friday night I didn't bitch. I may have gotten to see my son play baseball 4 times this past season,, did I bitch NO!! Again I patiently saved my days. But hey I'm a low life bc I took the day and spent it with my son and my family on my birthday! That's cool I could care less. I've always been told "don't ask for help and don't give any help" and " worry about yourself and not what others do"!!! Furthermore as far as getting xmas presents and tips,, all my regular customers are businesses and they where all closed. And I have to agree that taking spring break, fall break and all the summer months of vaca when you have no kids is more selfish than taking xmas eve off!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's funny how everyone on here can talk all his crap about me screwing over my fellow drivers and I would like thank the few who are on my side! For starters while everyone else was taking off during the summer and spending time with there family I was working and patiently saving my option days. While all the other drivers where getting easy days, safely days, help from management so they could make their kids football game every Friday night I didn't bitch. I may have gotten to see my son play baseball 4 times this past season,, did I bitch NO!! Again I patiently saved my days. But hey I'm a low life bc I took the day and spent it with my son and my family on my birthday! That's cool I could care less. I've always been told "don't ask for help and don't give any help" and " worry about yourself and not what others do"!!! Furthermore as far as getting xmas presents and tips,, all my regular customers are businesses and they where all closed. And I have to agree that taking spring break, fall break and all the summer months of vaca when you have no kids is more selfish than taking xmas eve off!
Taking a day in the summer is totally different than bailing on Xmas eve.

DamageCallTag

I didn't say taking a singular day in the summer I said taking weeks and in hoarding all the summer weeks when you have no kids but hey no one cares until it affects them right.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I didn't say taking a singular day in the summer I said taking weeks and in hoarding all the summer weeks when you have no kids but hey no one cares until it affects them right.
There's likely language in your supplement to stop this.

Taking Xmas eve off is a Bitch move and you wouldn't be so defensive if you didn't already think it was.

AKCoverMan

No I'm full time package and called that morning and told them option day! Nothing they can do about it
So in your local you can call in as an unscheduled absence and elect to use an option day and it's not considered an attendance occurrence?

Here we have to schedule option days in advance. After vacation bidding you can request option days and they are granted in seniority order. After that any open day can be scheduled on a first come first served basis. We put 50ish cars on road each day and we have one slot per day available as option day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We are asked to schedule option days in advance but during the slow time of year we can call in the morning and if they have coverage we can take an option day.

AKCoverMan

Sure I get that, we have that option too on an "if they have coverage" basis. But the previous poster seems to indicate if you had an option day in your bank you could just call in the day of and say your using it and you had impunity.

wayfair

swollen member
Sure I get that, we have that option too on an "if they have coverage" basis. But the previous poster seems to indicate if you had an option day in your bank you could just call in the day of and say your using it and you had impunity.

Option 3 days are used at your discretion.
We do have an option day that is supposed to be scheduled in advance and I always forget about it and end up getting an extra check in November.
again, it's according to your supplement, southern region here

DamageCallTag

We are not required to preschedule option days. That's why they are called option days bc I have to option to take off when I want to otherwise they would be called scheduled days. We are however required to call no later than 30-45 minutes before start time.

AKCoverMan

We are not required to preschedule option days. That's why they are called option days bc I have to option to take off when I want to otherwise they would be called scheduled days. We are however required to call no later than 30-45 minutes before start time.
They are called "option days" here too. But that's not how they work. Just another case of everything is different everywhere.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
This was the first peak in over 31 years where I missed any time. On December 23 I was admitted to the hospital with cellulitis and ended up being there for Christmas. As much as we complain about UPS, I actually felt guilty about missing peak days because of my illness. I am doing well now and should be back on Monday but I still feel a twinge of guilt for not working Christmas Eve.

wayfair

swollen member
This was the first peak in over 31 years where I missed any time. On December 23 I was admitted to the hospital with cellulitis and ended up being there for Christmas. As much as we complain about UPS, I actually felt guilty about missing peak days because of my illness. I am doing well now and should be back on Monday but I still feel a twinge of guilt for not working Christmas Eve.

SCREW WORK and don't feel any ill feelings from missing it, They really don't care...

TAKE care of youself, that's important to you and your family.... you are just a replaceable number to them.

Happy New Year