Supervisors at center not having routes set before start time saying we can't bump

JustDeliverIt

What’s the matter? You don’t want go out on an unfamiliar route on your 6th day of work? 🤣

Shove your overtime!

I don’t want to go out on my route much less somewhere I don’t know. They tried pulling that last weekend with us. They actually got up to me, sent me a message Thursday afternoon saying I was staffed for Saturday. Told them no thanks, not coming in. Tried to say we would have to use a sick day, can’t on a 6th punch. Also heard they were going to try and not pay us for the holiday but it’s in my time card as paid. They really don’t have any teeth, just hoping they get a couple guys to cave.

specter208

If they did that (aside from the argument of seniority vs regular work day), they would never get any RPCD’s to volunteer. Why would I ever choose to come in and not deliver the area I’m in all week. On top of that, a driver with 15 years less seniority takes it while I’m in the hood.

Not that I would ever sign up, but that would be the reason to definitely never do it.
In your opinion. Do you think RPCD deserves these type of favors?

JustDeliverIt

In your opinion. Do you think RPCD deserves these type of favors?

I see both sides honestly. Like @Thebrownblob said, vague language leads to different interpretations. All I will say is that if I am coming in on a 6th punch you can be damn sure I’m running my area or I’m not working. I’ve put my time in and not getting bumped by someone 10+ years less than me that doesn’t have bidding rights. Just the way I look at it.