Supervisors at center not having routes set before start time saying we can't bump

johnnybgood

Again, your ignorance is showing, I never said it can’t happen. The vague language has caused all kinds of ridiculous agreements, as well as people just doing whatever they want. The 22.4 article has created the wild west as far as the contract goes nobody sure what they’re supposed to do.

The question is, is it appropriate and contractual?
You've said it yourself, the contract wording is vague and open to interpretation, are you saying everyone is going to interpret it the same ?

Thebrownblob

You've said it yourself, the contract wording is vague and open to interpretation, are you saying everyone is going to interpret it the same ?
No, they do not and that is the problem it creates animosity and conflict.

It was a terrible albatross for the union to bring this up and install it with such open ended language.

johnnybgood

No, they do not and that is the problem it creates animosity and conflict.

It was a terrible albatross for the union to bring this up and install it with such open ended language.
In situations where there is no clear and concise wording different buildings are going to have different interpretations for how things get done.

Thebrownblob

Has to do with the situation we are debating.
Yes, but you’re just making your rules up as you go along. First you told me seniority is seniority, and now you have a bunch of qualifiers and I have tried to explain to you seniority isn’t always seniority because of job classification at ups.

johnnybgood

Yes, but you’re just making your rules up as you go along. First you told me seniority, seniority, and now you have a bunch of qualifiers and I have tried to explain to you seniority isn’t always seniority because of job classification at ups.
You didn't explain anything, you simply alluded to somewhere in the contract and I asked for you to directly quote it and you could not, neither you or the other numnut.

Thebrownblob

You didn't explain anything, you simply alluded to somewhere in the contract and I asked for you to directly quote it and you could not, neither you or the other numnut.
I explained it rather nicely, you are the only numbnut here. And if I was in your local, I would win that case every day all day as we’ve done here. Your seniority is not going to trump a regular package, car driver with more seniority.

johnnybgood

And who is interpreting it? Have there been grievances filed? Panel decisions?
As countless others have explained, in other buildings where the wording of the contract is vague and not concise buildings have interpreted things in a particular way, whether or not it needs to go through a grievance process depends on if they bring it to that.

Thebrownblob

As countless others have explained, in other buildings where the wording of the contract is vague and not concise buildings have interpreted things in a particular way, whether or not it needs to go through a grievance process depends on if they bring it to that.
Buy countless others do you mean three people who are probably also 22.4 and don’t understand contract language they just have a “feeling”. 😂

Thebrownblob

Goodness, you must have the nicest group of regular package, car drivers anywhere. 😂

Thebrownblob

That's the big problem with you, you're one of those guys that clearly looks down on 22.4's.
Not at all, the company wanted 22.4 to have first pick on Saturday that lasted about a month and someone filed a grievance. It went to a panel and that was that. I don’t look down anyone except people who don’t understand what they’re talking about.

johnnybgood

Not at all, the company wanted 22.4 to have first pick on Saturday that lasted about a month and someone filed a grievance. It went to a panel and that was that. I don’t look down anyone except people who don’t understand what they’re talking about.
lol gee I wonder who started that grievance

Thebrownblob

lol gee I wonder who started that grievance
Nope I just heard it and argued it at the panel. They also have to honor regular package car, driver seniority for eight hour days on Saturday.

But I’m also the guy that is stayed on top of the company and make sure they moved up 22.4. To RPCD no one has went more than 18 months so far in our building in the 22.4 position.

johnnybgood

Nope I just heard it and argued it at the panel. They also have to honor regular package car, driver seniority for eight hour days on Saturday.

But I’m also the guy that is stayed on top of the company and make sure they moved up 22.4. To RPCD no one has went more than 18 months so far in our building in the 22.4 position.
Must be a lot of turnover in that building, the only requirement is not to have more than 25% of drivers in a building that has 22.4's as 22.4's.

Thebrownblob

Must be a lot of turnover in that building, the only requirement is not to have more than 25% of drivers in a building that has 22.4's as 22.4's.
Lots of people went to feeders and retired. Leaving a vacant RPCDs position. The company cannot reduce the number of RPCDs that we agreed on at the beginning of the contract.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Another one of the guys who said “seniority is seniority”, no matter what, until they don’t want seniority to be seniority no matter what?

I can’t think of a reason why you would believe a 30 year veteran would say yeah I’m just going to give up my seniority just because it’s my sixth day? Gtfo
They should be a comedy act.