Deferred Delivery Coming

textat3

If customers have a problem with deferred delivery, tell them you are not allowed to give out the center number but encourage them to call the 1-800 number and the shipper. Shippers hearing complaints about UPS service issues are much more effective than telling local area low level management who take marching order just like we do.

Thebrownblob

I figure the goal is to get old guys to quit. I see the opposite effect.
Could be, but I think it will have an affect both extreme ends. Already seeing it here we have a boatload of older guys who have no desire to continue on with the company as they pushed up stop counts hire, and areas larger. So perhaps two birds with one stone, the guys who were close to retirement are leaving in the younger ones also?

Last edited:

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
If customers have a problem with deferred delivery, tell them you are not allowed to give out the center number but encourage them to call the 1-800 number and the shipper. Shippers hearing complaints about UPS service issues are much more effective than telling local area low level management who take marching order just like we do.
I also encourage them to call the corporate number 404-828-6000. Local management also know how stupid this is.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Agreed. In town resis can run 20-30stops/hr. Rural resis are 5-10stops/hr.
They need to charge 4 times more for rurals or they aren't worth taking that work (financially + the beating the trucks take out there).
By the total profit earned by ups and the total amount of packages they deliver in the year. I think the profit was around 9 dollars a package. I think we are making enough.

FromOffTheStreets

By the total profit earned by ups and the total amount of packages they deliver in the year. I think the profit was around 9 dollars a package. I think we are making enough.
Agreed. All I'm saying is when you have 5 Amazon bubble mailer stops getting done in 1 hour out in the sticks your losing $. When you have 30 bubbles getting done in a tight resi section you might be ok.

HyperBrn

With whole zip codes being deferred (here at least), we're losing both 25-30 in town stops (1-2hr) as well as 30-40 rural stops (5-7hr) per route deferred. About 4-7 routes deferred yields 220-490 stops (330-750 pieces) (this time of year) deferred per day. Makes for lots of 9.5 grievances due to drivers having to cover cut routes to help "catch" up previously deferred areas twice a week, while non-deferred routes (like mine) flirt with 9.5 on days that our routes are stretched to cover areas that are usually covered by deferred routes but aren't part of the deferred areas.

TL; DR - works like shyte.

pkgdriver

They server erroed your website link
130F0FFC-7BC5-4BAE-9305-3F1C257B7E15.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yep.
Mondays are the heaviest day with the most routes in.

Tuesday they cut & everyone Is light.

Wednesday they cut & everyone 9.5

Thursday & Friday are still question marks but mostly heavy with cut routes.
well that would really change the way things are done here now. Monday is super light right now. Cut everything they can. Advance no trailers even though they are on lot. Then Tuesday ends up super heavy