Deferred Delivery Coming

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The teamsters really dropped the ball not negotiating on this at all. No 22.4 with 40 hour a week guarantees anymore which by default gave everyone one. Total disaster this rural deferment is.

Really ?

You think the Union should have been concerned about something as petty as this ?

Wow.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Really ?

You think the Union should have been concerned about something as petty as this ?

Wow.
Why do you feel that rural customers not being serviced five days a week is a petty issue? I have customers that pay for next day air, or a daily pickup, that are not receiving that service two days a week. Does that sound like a petty issue to you?

Thebrownblob

Why do you feel that rural customers not being serviced five days a week is a petty issue? I have customers that pay for next day air, or a daily pickup, that are not receiving that service two days a week. Does that sound like a petty issue to you?
I understand that you believe these are your customers, but they are not. Those are UPS customers, and we cannot control what they do with their business. All we can do is create rules that have something to do with Teamsters being able to do the work.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I understand that you believe these are your customers, but they are not. Those are UPS customers, and we cannot control what they do with their business. All we can do is create rules that have something to do with Teamsters being able to do the work.
“I have customers…” is shorthand for “There are customers on the route I run…”
I fully understand they are not MY customers. And yes, the company is well within their right to run their business as they see fit. However, as an employee it is within my best interest to see this company succeed, and I feel that rural deferment is a terrible idea that could lose customers. Therefore, I will continue to inform every customer affected by rural deferment and let them know how they can make their voices heard.

Thebrownblob

I fully understand they are not MY customers. And yes, the company is well within their right to run their business as they see fit. However, as an employee it is within my best interest to see this company succeed, and I feel that rural deferment is a terrible idea that could lose customers. Therefore, I will continue to inform every customer affected by rural deferment and let them know how they can make their voices heard.
I also think it’s a terrible idea, but we don’t get to decide if they do it or not. And I would advise against discussing anything negative about the company if you’re on the clock with a customer. If that customer leaves because of something you said, or even if they call in and say you were talking about these things with them you could be disciplined. Have a couple people sit out weeks at my hub when we were going through contract negotiations because they told customers there might be a strike.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I also think it’s a terrible idea, but we don’t get to decide if they do it or not. And I would advise against discussing anything negative about the company if you’re on the clock with a customer. If that customer leaves because of something you said, or even if they call in and say you were talking about these things with them you could be disciplined. Have a couple people sit out weeks at my hub when we were going through contract negotiations because they told customers there might be a strike.
Not worried about it. These are customers who are already pissed. I’m only providing phone numbers.

Crosscutters

I’d just give them your centers phone number. Let them call there.

textat3

You care way to much. Work as instructed.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Therefore, I will continue to inform every customer affected by rural deferment and let them know how they can make their voices heard.

Let me know how that works out for you.

ARTICLE 37. MANAGEMENT EMPLOYEE RELATIONS

Section 1.

(a) "The parties agree that the principle of a fair day’s work for a fair day’s pay shall be observed at all times and employees shall

perform their duties in a manner that best represents the Employer’s interest."

Rookie.... pfft.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
And management's cell
Our management team despises deferred delivery due to the dispatch cluster:censored2: when all these rural routes are cut and then put back in. Drivers lined up outside the CMs office, most of them veterans on retirement routes, unloading on him in no uncertain terms. We have a lot of customers calling in and complaining as well.

Sometimes it amazes me that this company has functioned for over a century with some of the boneheaded initiatives they come up with.

49Ford

Experienced
FWIW, I was given a warning letter, that stuck, for delivering every package on my route and running scratch. I was off the day before, and a supervisor ran the route with a new hire and deferred the crap out of it. I think I beat my own route my 45 minutes.

This was over 20 years ago.

I posted the warning letter on the outside of my locker, and management could not remove it (not vulgar). I just recently threw it out when I was cleaning out my basement.

Good times.

Deferred delivery is nothing new.

The farmers on my route were not happy about it, since if they bought a part, they really needed it. I always took the hit for my customers.

Thebrownblob

FWIW, I was given a warning letter, that stuck, for delivering every package on my route and running scratch. I was off the day before, and a supervisor ran the route with a new hire and deferred the crap out of it. I think I beat my own route my 45 minutes.

This was over 20 years ago.

I posted the warning letter on the outside of my locker, and management could not remove it (not vulgar). I just recently threw it out when I was cleaning out my basement.

Good times.

Deferred delivery is nothing new.

The farmers on my route were not happy about it, since if they bought a part, they really needed it. I always took the hit for my customers.
Won’t even be an option to deliver with this new system. They’re not even sending out on a truck stays in the building sometimes a couple days. SMH 🤷‍♂️

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Small centers, routes get cut no work to do. Low man gets bumped maybe work Preload ,and then local sort many hours later.pretty crappy.
Problem is gonna be they’re gonna need widely different staffing on wed and Fri compared to tues thurs. Lots of guys not gonna be getting their 40. Can’t bump for 8 if you are told at 8 am you’re laid off for the day.