Deferred Delivery Coming

Frozen

I’m pretty sure it’s not the whole route being cut/deferred it’s just certain rural stops. Pickups still have to be made every day.
We were told a route with less than 100 pickup pieces could be deferred and pickups not done on those days, our system would update delivery dates

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Just a heads up though that corporate/whoever it is that is sent to make these changes nowadays are fairly militant and completely incompetent. They will wreck the center like a tornado, cause a news-worthy level of service disruptions, then leave before the grievances can get settled.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I can remember coming back to the center with packages piled high and deep.Taking up 3 parking spaces inside the building.
The "deferred "packages were RD's. We were told to "defer" those up the hollers and and off the beaten path until we got 3-5 stops up that road.
It didn't last long. Maybe a year if I remember right.
We all said we needed to change our name to just United Parcel. Drop the Service.

Brownwind

I can remember coming back to the center with packages piled high and deep.Taking up 3 parking spaces inside the building.
The "deferred "packages were RD's. We were told to "defer" those up the hollers and and off the beaten path until we got 3-5 stops up that road.
It didn't last long. Maybe a year if I remember right.
We all said we needed to change our name to just United Parcel. Drop the Service.
Customers hated it and it was a public relations nightmare. Can’t imagine it working at all. Imagine paying for our premium service and then ending up with planed delays. It’s like we’re rolling trailers or whole plane loads for convenience reasons and to make numbers then go nuts over a missload for a closed business. It doesn’t make sense. Ohh…. Too soon???

BrownFlush

Customers hated it and it was a public relations nightmare. Can’t imagine it working at all. Imagine paying for our premium service and then ending up with planed delays. It’s like we’re rolling trailers or whole plane loads for convenience reasons and to make numbers then go nuts over a missload for a closed business. It doesn’t make sense. Ohh…. Too soon???
It was right before you could track a package. It relied on lying to the customer and their ignorance.
Couldn’t be done today. I’m sure a customer will be happy when they know they are the chosen “deferred.”

rod

Retired 22 years
All they would have to do is talk to anyone who work during the last attempt at "Deferred Delivery" and they could save themselves more embarrassment and expense.

qdg2

Umm.... Ok.

About what ?

They exercise their seniority and bump junior people. They get their guaranteed hours. Right ?
What are "guaranteed hours"? Here, you are guaranteed 8 if you punch in. Nothing else. You bid a start time....we've been "told". And so it goes. Heck, you are just a contractor......circa 1997.
Imagine a high seniority driver having to do someone else's route 2 days a week......and the chaos of coordinating such everyday. This is odd considering how much UPS Mgt. depends on stability and predictability. At least that's the way it used to be. And with less mgt to do it?

qdg2

I seriously doubt that UPS spent all this money on speeding up the ground at work only to hold packages an extra day
You aren't seeing the "big picture". All it's ramifications. Imagine......please....how much money would be saved with not "running" two days a week......max capacity and utilization for the following days....this is how it used to be....max efficiency.

BrownFlush

Has the cut routes and load what's left to the gills plan not in effect anymore?
The stick you on Friday plan by cutting routes because they know you want to get in plan not in effect anymore?
Everybody got boned and the lowest seniority drivers went home because they cut their routes.
It used to be pretty simple. Max everybody out, see you in 12 hours.

Last edited:

Babboo77

Banned
You aren't seeing the "big picture". All it's ramifications. Imagine......please....how much money would be saved with not "running" two days a week......max capacity and utilization for the following days....this is how it used to be....max efficiency.
Yeah, I understand that but if you cut two days that’s still three days I’m over 9 1/2 hours more than likely