Deferred Delivery?

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
Lol. Not if they send 50% of his route. At that point seniority rules. Maybe you'll understand that one day.
Pay no attention to me this sounded exactly like a guy I work with which would have been hilarious. But it’s not and it wasn’t lol.

But back on topic: the guy is mad they’re cutting his route for this rural deferred nonsense and wants to take OPs. Doesn’t work that way.

upsjack

Pay no attention to me this sounded exactly like a guy I work with which would have been hilarious. But it’s not and it wasn’t lol.

But back on topic: the guy is mad they’re cutting his route for this rural deferred nonsense and wants to take OPs. Doesn’t work that way.
OP’s?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
All I can say is get a steward and get your desire to stay under 9.5 and your desire to work 8 hours daily understood with witnesses now before they pull a fast one and argue either of these two items when they eventually a) claim you wanted extra hours or b)claim you were not commanded and forced off the books.
If they did it to me once they should do it to you but I get the idea it only happened because, whether intentionally or not, my protections are considered less valuable as a low driver than one with 30 years in.

Trucker Clock

I don’t see how it could be based on daily to be able to bump a lower person off their bid route permanently

I didn’t say permanently. I said for a temporary change, they can bump for the day their route is out.

It is only a temporary change when a route is eliminated 1 or 2 days a week.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I didn’t say permanently. I said for a temporary change, they can bump for the day their route is out.

It is only a temporary change when a route is eliminated 1 or 2 days a week.
They’re forcing centers to rebid most of the routes after implementing this in the areas I have heard of. Which is exactly how it should be.
They’re drastically changing the routes people bid on.

FromOffTheStreets

They’re forcing centers to rebid most of the routes after implementing this in the areas I have heard of. Which is exactly how it should be.
Ours have changed but not by a lot (40ish route center). They're basically just cutting all the overage non bid routes that we used to run. There is 1 bid route that's cut once a week (bid guy loves it) and runs different areas most of the other days.
Basically they're just loading up the bid guys & most of the covid hires are on preload

upsjack

When you say drastically, it still isn’t a 50% change, it’s only 40% change.

DOK

If a route gets cut 2 days a week, is that driver able to get off their route and permanently bid a route that has a lower seniority driver on it?
The contract reads that a route has to change over 50% to be able to bid off of it, the route being in 3 out of 5 days would be just a 40% change.
Are the routes getting cut Mondays and Fridays?