Delivering during lunch break?

Seriously?

So...if you are sitting there in the truck and drinking a cup of coffee during your break and a customer came up to you and politely asked if you had their package....you would actually tell them to go pound sand? You would actually make them stand there and wait for the remaining 9 minutes and 15 seconds of your break before you got up and opened the BH door and handed them their package?

I guess I'm just not that hardcore. Call me weak if you want, but it seems to me that the right thing to do is to interrupt my lunch or break for a moment and then resume it after the customer has been taken care of. The contract language was never intended to force the driver to be an :censored2: to his customers.
Only the REAL A-holes stop my during lunch!!! Most people are not that rude to bother you!!! Again I said most!!!! Every route is different and so is every driver!!Just some people just need to be told.......Step away from the vehicle!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the same for us at FedEx Express in CA. Our powerpad is locked out until you end your meal break. This was done because it is ca law to have a 30 min uninterrupted break if working 6 + hours. We also have to take it within the first 5 1/2 hours of your shift. They lock us out because there has been a couple of lawsuits that were settled and they don't want anymore.
I wish Brown would learn that....They always wait 10 seconds to you punch out for lunch...to send you 7 stupid messages!!!!!!!!! WTF....???????????????

over9five

Staff member
Seriously?

So...if you are sitting there in the truck and drinking a cup of coffee during your break and a customer came up to you and politely asked if you had their package....you would actually tell them to go pound sand? You would actually make them stand there and wait for the remaining 9 minutes and 15 seconds of your break before you got up and opened the BH door and handed them their package?

I guess I'm just not that hardcore. Call me weak if you want, but it seems to me that the right thing to do is to interrupt my lunch or break for a moment and then resume it after the customer has been taken care of. The contract language was never intended to force the driver to be an :censored2: to his customers.

Is everyone an :censored2: if they follow the contract? Strange position for a steward to take, don't you think?
You wouldn't have the back of a member who wanted his contractual uninterrupted lunch?

Are YOU serious???

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I would know which shelf that person's package should be on. I would find it, pull the PAL and/or do Find BC once my lunch is over.

Maybe, in the BOG, with a perfect loader and custom loads every day, and no odd splits or add/cuts, and a perfect dispatch supe who never screws up your load, I agree.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Seriously?

Is everyone an :censored2: if they follow the contract? Strange position for a steward to take, don't you think?
You wouldn't have the back of a member who wanted his contractual uninterrupted lunch?

Are YOU serious???

As a steward I would absolutely support the right of a driver to take an uninterrupted lunch--even if I personally thought he was an :censored2: for choosing to exercise that right by refusing to hand a customer their package during his break.

I answered your question, now you answer mine. Would you really tell a customer to pound sand if they approached you during your break? Would you really make them stand there and wait for 10 minutes? Do you really feel that the contract language was intended to be interpreted in such a manner?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
........Do you really feel that the contract language was intended to be interpreted in such a manner?

I believe that originally Ovah pointed out that as of July 1st, the half-hour, uninterrupted break is mandated by federal law, not just the contract.

STFXG

Im assuming you guys that don't want to be bothered during lunch leave a business when you notice someone eating and reattempt later. Or are you the rude people that still ask for a signature?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Im assuming you guys that don't want to be bothered during lunch leave a business when you notice someone eating and reattempt later. Or are you the rude people that still ask for a signature?

You kidding? We go in for the kill, baby!!:laughing:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
It's the same for us at FedEx Express in CA. Our powerpad is locked out until you end your meal break. This was done because it is ca law to have a 30 min uninterrupted break if working 6 + hours. We also have to take it within the first 5 1/2 hours of your shift. They lock us out because there has been a couple of lawsuits that were settled and they don't want anymore.
This function should be in every device that uses DOT regulations in thier operation.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
According to UPS every business we deliver to takes lunch between 12-1 so we don't have that problem.

over9five

Staff member
As a steward I would absolutely support the right of a driver to take an uninterrupted lunch--even if I personally thought he was an :censored2: for choosing to exercise that right by refusing to hand a customer their package during his break.

I answered your question, now you answer mine. Would you really tell a customer to pound sand if they approached you during your break? Would you really make them stand there and wait for 10 minutes? Do you really feel that the contract language was intended to be interpreted in such a manner?

I would politely inform them that I was on my lunch.
We work damn hard out there, and DESERVE an uninterrupted lunch.

Read your post. It's pretty obvious you only like to defend the parts of the contract you like. If you don't like some parts of the contract followed, any member who DOES is an :censored2:...

I would politely inform them that I was on my lunch.
We work damn hard out there, and DESERVE an uninterrupted lunch.

Read your post. It's pretty obvious you only like to defend the parts of the contract you like. If you don't like some parts of the contract followed, any member who DOES is an :censored2:...
IF she had big Hooters????Would you grab her package>?????

Google "uninterrupted"

And then Google "final", as in "This will be my final post on Brown Cafe..."

And then Google "Drama Queen".
Answer=yes but not really and yes yes as Drama Queen Ive have not had a date in 20 years ,,,,But I don't look too shabby in a skirt......Google this #&&^%%*) UPSTATE!!!...Sup wanna be!!!!!!Have a nice retirement all by yourself and kiss your blow up dolls goodnight!!!!!!!Don't 4grt the Armorall..and K.Y.!!!!