Delivery time window

Mo19072

Hey guys I’m back with a new question.
Today I received a message from OMS telling me that a package with a delivery time window between 1100 and 1300 was late. Orion had the stop towards the end of the day.

How do I know if there is such a stop on my trip. Is there something on the DIAD that I should look for?

542thruNthru

Today I received a message from OMS telling me that a package with a delivery time window between 1100 and 1300 was late. Orion had the stop towards the end of the day.

How do I know if there is such a stop on my trip. Is there something on the DIAD that I should look for?

Try asking your OMS or On Road how you're supposed to know.

Future

Victory Ride

There is a prompt next 2 the stop in the diad .....check under you commit pkgs .....think it shows up in there also ...only have had 2 -3 b4

GenericUsername

There is a message that pops up similar to the one that warns you 20 minutes to air commit that says something along the lines of "A delivery window for a stop is opening soon." There should be a D (again, I think as I"ve only had a few so far) to the left of the stop in your board.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I had a couple before...there is a “W” in front of it
This is correct, there will be a W by the stop in question and should provide you with the window. I had one of these window time frame deliveries and had to break off from my pick ups to make it and no one was there it pissed me off the rest of the day.

Siveriano

Also if you go early it wont let you driver release the package unless someone sign for it but if you go on the time that is open it lets you DR it.

Poop Head

Judge me.
This is correct, there will be a W by the stop in question and should provide you with the window. I had one of these window time frame deliveries and had to break off from my pick ups to make it and no one was there it pissed me off the rest of the day.
The worst is when they choose the 9am-11am window.

Mo19072

Thanks but none of that stuff popped up on my screen, no D no W nothing. so I’m guessing someone messed up and wanted me to harry and deliver it.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Thanks but none of that stuff popped up on my screen, no D no W nothing. so I’m guessing someone messed up and wanted me to harry and deliver it.
Well screw em then sounds like a UPS problem or a customer problem differently not a you problem.

Indecisi0n

They do pay extra for this "window" which is why you hear about it if you miss it. Like mentioned before if you get a signature outside of the window it will still allow you to make delivery. The diad will not allow you to leave package with neighbor even if they sign .

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I'm not 100% sure but it should show up in the commit screen. I always check that before lunch so I make sure not to miss any savers. If you didn't get any notification in your board it could have been because the person tried to set the window after you got edd, and you never got the update. I've never gotten an alert for a new window part way through my day, they are always in my board first thing. The half dozen or so I've ever had, anyway.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Great idea UPS, create yet another reason for the driver to break off. Sounds logical since he or she has nothing better to do.