Democrats Are Becoming The Party of Hate

vantexan

Depending on the individual's situation and life span most studies indicate you will draw out about one third more than you paid in and depending on how much services you'll consume you will on average receive twice as much from Medicare than you paid in.
And a lot of people die before receiving a penny.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Depending on the individual's situation and life span most studies indicate you will draw out about one third more than you paid in and depending on how much services you'll consume you will on average receive twice as much from Medicare than you paid in.
That's horrible return ROI on you money.
Good ... I feel better than I felt before!

Not really ... your figures do not take into the time value of money nor does it include the interest that I could get by investing in very strong value stocks.

Even though I know I will never get back what I paid into "SS/Medicare with low ROI", it's OK. I do believe in helping the less fortunate.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
But many claim disability and
suck the system the biggest part of their lives.
I'm sure there are but not the biggest part of their lives.
Almost all people going on SSD do so in their mid to late 50's and early 60's.
That means they worked over 35 years and draw disability for 25 years at most.

vantexan

I'm sure there are but not the biggest part of their lives.
Almost all people going on SSD do so in their mid to late 50's and early 60's.
That means they worked over 35 years and draw disability for 25 years at most.
Actually they draw it until they reach full Social Security retirement age. Then they draw SS. And some do game the system but most need the help.

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Actually they draw it until they reach full Social Security retirement age. They they draw SS. And some do game the system but most need the help.
Excellent point!

If I were still a Mod, I would go back and add that bit of very important information in
because that significantly lessens the impact of SSD by system hackers.

newfie

52514043_2260508194006799_3271392931990208512_n.jpg

El Correcto

god is dead
I went to an event with 5 WW2 vets on stage,
One was a century old and still standing on his own and talking.

It’s ridiculous, you need to work past 65 if you are going to live another 40 years.

vantexan

I went to an event with 5 WW2 vets on stage,
One was a century old and still standing on his own and talking.

It’s ridiculous, you need to work past 65 if you are going to live another 40 years.
And just how many of them are left? The day will come when you will be thankful for that income, especially if it's your only income.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
No compound interest?