Destroyed

DS

Fenderbender
Same crap north of the border.-22 today felt like -41 with the wind chill.
That's Celsius . -22 = -7 friend.We too are still getting slammed.Does anyone know if they are attempting to do anything about the over dispatching?
Or is it the usual,here's the plan…uh… there is no plan?

Mack Grant

As a side note I delivered two pkgs to a guys house today and he hollers out as im getting back in the car "hey, I ordered this before Christmas!"

Re-Raise

My question for those going out heavy in very cold frigid temperatures is, why didn't UPS give you guys and gals helpers? Everyone from top to bottom knew that peak would continue after peak.( Gee, that doesn't make sense) Here in So Cal, some drivers continue to have inside helpers and it was in the high 60's Monday. Was it because they can't get part timers to brave the conditions even while offering $30.00 an hr?

They tell us we don't have enough drivers, we don't have enough package cars, we have too many people on vacation, so and so called in sick. It is the same crap every day of every week of every year.

UPS just refuses to adequately staff their operation.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My question for those going out heavy in very cold frigid temperatures is, why didn't UPS give you guys and gals helpers? Everyone from top to bottom knew that peak would continue after peak.( Gee, that doesn't make sense) Here in So Cal, some drivers continue to have inside helpers and it was in the high 60's Monday. Was it because they can't get part timers to brave the conditions even while offering $30.00 an hr?
I did have a guy show up but then they told me to be in at 730, and I picked him up at 445. My "lock in guy" didnt want to work, especially at 445, when the wind chill was -25. I dont even care anymore, just do what I can do and bring it in. And they are not getting 30$ here, just 13.55 ph. I wouldnt show up either.

Mack Grant

They tell us we don't have enough drivers, we don't have enough package cars, we have too many people on vacation, so and so called in sick. It is the same crap every day of every week of every year.

Problem in my center is they have enough drivers , they just don't take the time to train them in different areas during slow(er) times of the year.

Rainman

Its all good.

They won't hire any more drivers as long as we get the packages off the trucks. We just have to miss packages on a daily basis till they get more people. And that really goes against the grain with me, as I still care about the customer and their perception of the company, even if upper management doesn't.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Problem in my center is they have enough drivers , they just don't take the time to train them in different areas during slow(er) times of the year.
What does that matter? I'm sure most of here have learned numerous trips by going out blind. It's way easier now than it was 10-15 years ago.

Mack Grant

What does that matter? I'm sure most of here have learned numerous trips by going out blind. It's way easier now than it was 10-15 years ago.

A lot of the more senior guys have told me it is easier, but like I said, in my hub we only have a handful of swing drivers that know 10+ routes.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Back to normal on my area yesterday. 74 delivery stops and 145 packages. Pickups were quite heavy though as I had 10 stops and 38 packages.