DHL cuts more jobs

H_E_Pennypacker

Large Member
since dhl laid off workers,ups has a hard time keeping preloaders.then whenups has openings for parttimers hire ex dhl workers.they might stay around longer.

Hmmmm, we could pay them in drugs and tatoos instead of cash... save money AND reduce turnover. I like it!

raceanoncr

Surely you can't be serious.

Like Hoax said, my name ain't Shirley.

Now, what do you think I ain't serious about? The conversation between supe and customer or that I don't have much hope for this company anymore?

Before you answer, let me tell you that I am dead serious on both counts. On the conversation, I wanted to jump across the counter and strangle the supe then take the phone and tell the customer we'll do whatever it takes to get your business.

On the "no hope for company", it's been beat to death on this forum how the company's changing and customer care has gone out the window. How the bottom line has been changed to how good your numbers look...and on and on. You wanna prove me wrong here then knock yourself out!

Since the last months financial tailspin around the world, much blame, accusation, disbelief, whatever you wanna say, has taken place. One financial, business expert during an interview said, "Don't think you're too big to go under". This company? Well, maybe not during my career, I only plan to stay another few months, but at their present rate of deterioration, I predict serious problems within the next 10 yrs. If not, come back and taunt me, until then, I'll stick by my crystal balls, er, ball.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Like Hoax said, my name ain't Shirley.

Now, what do you think I ain't serious about? The conversation between supe and customer or that I don't have much hope for this company anymore?

Before you answer, let me tell you that I am dead serious on both counts. On the conversation, I wanted to jump across the counter and strangle the supe then take the phone and tell the customer we'll do whatever it takes to get your business.

On the "no hope for company", it's been beat to death on this forum how the company's changing and customer care has gone out the window. How the bottom line has been changed to how good your numbers look...and on and on. You wanna prove me wrong here then knock yourself out!

Since the last months financial tailspin around the world, much blame, accusation, disbelief, whatever you wanna say, has taken place. One financial, business expert during an interview said, "Don't think you're too big to go under". This company? Well, maybe not during my career, I only plan to stay another few months, but at their present rate of deterioration, I predict serious problems within the next 10 yrs. If not, come back and taunt me, until then, I'll stick by my crystal balls, er, ball.

No, no, no, maybe you misunderstood - or I wasn't clear.

One, I needed to throw that softball to Hoaxter.....

Two, It's hard to comprehend a manager saying to a customer ""We wish you wouldn't ship so much stuff. We can't handle it here".

raceanoncr

Two, It's hard to comprehend a manager saying to a customer ""We wish you wouldn't ship so much stuff. We can't handle it here".

Well, me too, except I heard it myself. I usually won't repeat things I hear 2nd, 3rd or other hand, only what I observe or hear first hand and this was it. That's one of the reasons I feel this company is doomed.

New Englander

Another thing to consider is a loss to our pension contributions. It is never good to to teamster job losses, since we are multi employer funded.

It's always a GREAT thing when said employees were not vested and thus not owed any of that money in retirement!

Don't kid yourself, the Teamsters count on stuff like this.

705red

Browncafe Steward
It's always a GREAT thing when said employees were not vested and thus not owed any of that money in retirement!

Don't kid yourself, the Teamsters count on stuff like this.
The guys here for dhl that have been let go have as many as 10 years in and are vested. And when its all said and done we will be down to 150 from over 800, this will eliminate from 18 years and under, which to would be vested. Now dont forget some of these drivers came from ups and have time invested in both.

New Englander

The guys here for dhl that have been let go have as many as 10 years in and are vested. And when its all said and done we will be down to 150 from over 800, this will eliminate from 18 years and under, which to would be vested. Now dont forget some of these drivers came from ups and have time invested in both.

Though unless they find another teamster job - they won't be increasing their payouts.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Heres an idea from a stupid truck driver that i came up with all on my own!

Since dhl has announced that as of january 30th their employees mean nothing to them, why dont we (ups upper management) offer these dhl drivers moeny for their pick up account info?

If a driver that knows he going to be out of work in the next 8 weeks which most of them will, why not give them $100 per account that they give us?

If these drivers have 15 pickups than thats another $1500 for them to put away while they look for another job. And if you sell half of these acoounts ups would make their money back and than some over the long haul!

Just my two cents!

raceanoncr

Since dhl has announced that as of january 30th their employees mean nothing to them, why dont we (ups upper management) offer these dhl drivers moeny for their pick up account info?

If a driver that knows he going to be out of work in the next 8 weeks which most of them will, why not give them $100 per account that they give us?

If these drivers have 15 pickups than thats another $1500 for them to put away while they look for another job. And if you sell half of these acoounts ups would make their money back and than some over the long haul!

Just my two cents!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

McGee

Kappler this will never happen! Dhl drivers make over $25 an hour to deliver envelopes out of mini vans. You expect them to come and hump for$8.50 unloading and loading boxes?

not in 299 land... hell we WISH it was $25 an hour...

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen

Just my two cents!

That is a freakin great idea. Only problem is communicating the offer to the drivers.

705red

Browncafe Steward
That is a freakin great idea. Only problem is communicating the offer to the drivers.
Not that hard to do here, we have a dhl building near bye and we both stop by the same watering hole on Friday nights. Also they belong to the same union, so maybe we could even make an announcement during our monthly union meeting. To help union packages stay in union companies.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I knew that would be a first reaction. Considering they are losing their jobs anyway it shouldn't be a big deal. But, (and I am not familiar with DHL's contracts with the drivers) what about the legal ramifications of drivers giving away their customers? Corps make deals with other Corps all the time and it is done with the legal aspect gone through with a fine tooth comb. That is way above my pay grade though, and DHL drivers too (generally speaking).

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I know Red. I guess I just like to cover all the bases.

I would not like to be in the position of giving away information that was deemed 'classified' by the company that I worked for.

It is, to be sure, a fine line that is drawn in the sand. But, in this day and time I would not want to be on the recieving end of a lawsuit.