Diad 6

AKCoverMan

Management at my hub doesn't want things like damaged pkgs sheeted as missed, even though training said do so.
Management: talk to customer, if they don't want it, sheet refused, didn't want, and out damaged in remarks.
Think training is outdated.. the Six now has a non deliver code called “damaged”. center manager says should sheet damaged as “damaged” now and not “missed” anymore.

Iamsomebody

Just wait until the batteries start to age and cradles stop functioning. Last time I used one without a cradle the battery was down to 15% at 8:00. And that was with me making sure to turn the screen off after every stop

AKCoverMan

Just wait until the batteries start to age and cradles stop functioning. Last time I used one without a cradle the battery was down to 15% at 8:00. And that was with me making sure to turn the screen off after every stop
I have a 4x4 on my route now. They have not come up with a cradle yet for the 4x4s in our building and we have five routes with them now. So far I’m ending with batt in the 40% range. See how were doing come next winter…

Est.1998

Think training is outdated.. the Six now has a non deliver code called “damaged”. center manager says should sheet damaged as “damaged” now and not “missed” anymore.
i don't think management at my hub is aware of that option.
I have a 4x4 on my route now. They have not come up with a cradle yet for the 4x4s in our building and we have five routes with them now. So far I’m ending with batt in the 40% range. See how were doing come next winter…
wait, what?
you drive a 4x4? is it Ford?

AKCoverMan

Ok Brown Cafe not every use of the letter that follows the letter “e” in the alphabet is abbreviated profanity!!

side bar: “Abbreviated Profanity“ would be a good name for a band or my next quartet LOL

AKCoverMan

I like it…the ride is sooooo much more comfortable than P-51.. I have a lot of unpaved road territory.

The trade off is the P-51 could do a u turn in your living room, I know my backing count going up but I have an amazing abilit to not care about metrics I don't care about lol. She’s got real good rear view cam. I have done a few Austin Powers moves since transitionin.

Nice get up and go when I do have a few miles of pavement to eat up.

But mostly will be nice to not screw with chains all winter. If I need chains AND 4x4 to get to your house Ill come back tomorrow after you get home and plow your road!! 🤣🤣

Est.1998

I like it…the ride is sooooo much more comfortable than P-51.. I have a lot of unpaved road territory.

The trade off is the P-51 could do a u turn in your living room, I know my backing count going up but I have an amazing abilit to not care about metrics I don't care about lol. She’s got real good rear view cam. I have done a few Austin Powers moves since transitionin.

Nice get up and go when I do have a few miles of pavement to eat up.

But mostly will be nice to not screw with chains all winter. If I need chains AND 4x4 to get to your house Ill come back tomorrow after you get home and plow your road!! 🤣🤣
i'm jealous

pkgdriver

Finally found the 'not found' button ...you go into the stop and swipe the 3 dots next to the package.

Still searching for 'missed' though....they don't seem to want that one anymore.

Needed to sheet a leaker as missed for damage inspection.
The missed should be in there somewhere in other non delivery. Used it for four of my seven misloads one day last week. It does ask you if you are sure you want to record as missed.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I takes some changes to habits… biggest being you obviously exit drivers side and then there is package selection…. Usually try to select several stops when go in back and move smalls to psgr seat, line up larger packages on tail.
Haha MAN that thing must do great on country routes. They don't seem to care much at all about the city requirements still. we have these newer cars where the driver door is too narrow, the seatbelt is too far from the seat, the mirrors are positioned like a massive blind spot next to the frame, and whoever jerry-rigged the leaf springs has them sitting 2-3 inches crooked on one side and an inch on the other. I get neck and shoulder pain any time I have to cover in them. They are comfy when delivering larger apartment routes but are absolute trash in the hood.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
This DIAD 6 sucks. It crashes several times before I can even successfully punch in. Then it's random freezing up and needing to be restarted throughout the day. And they wonder why I'm late everyday now. The solution today was to take a second board with me. SMH.

JL 0513

An update patch came down last week promising to make it crash less and it caused it to crash far more. Now, every 3rd-5th time I cradle the DIAD, it freezes. Doesn't like nav now. Good one!

Can't UPS hire a competent tech company to make this thing work? Whatever that would cost would be far less than paying tens of thousands of drivers sitting on the side of the road waiting on reboots 50 times a day. Samsung or Google would make it flawless overnight.