DIAD 6

brown metal coffin

What is the easiest quickest way to close the app without shutting the Diad down. I already know about the bottom scroll up and hit the middle button but that doesn’t close the app. I need to get back to the login screen. Thanks

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
What is the easiest quickest way to close the app without shutting the Diad down. I already know about the bottom scroll up and hit the middle button but that doesn’t close the app. I need to get back to the login screen. Thanks
If you own an android phone it is the same function: swipe down from the top to take the app out of fullscreen, exposing the menu, then press the bottom right button drawer and swipe the app left or right to close it out. you have to do this before the listener finds out you are in the drawer and boots you out.

I repeatedly close the app until it loads in under 5 seconds. Got a pickup? Barcode won't scan? break out the coffee.

PPH_over_9000

So! Encountered an old situation in a new environment today.
Out in the sticks. ~8.7mi to the nearest business with AC on 25mph-30mph roads. Diad freezes at the stop. I restart. Diad freezes on authentication. I restart. Diad freezes on authentication. Repeat ad nauseam.

So I made a phone call, got out a box to sit on, and walked about half an acre into a customer's yard to sit under the only tree nearby while I continue trying to get the Diad to work and/or wait for my supe' to bring out another one.

41 minutes. 11 total restarts. 106F heat index. 74% humidity.

Finally got it to work, texted my supe to turn back around and put my phone on Airplane Mode. The best part? First thing I see when I'm logged back in is that my itinerary's been updated. SURPRISE SURPRISE, they need to turn this dynamic Orion bull:censored2: off permanently.

It's not even Summer yet and I already hate it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The engineers dont know :censored2: about the day to day. They should have to cover routes for a month before having any input. Noone at the table knows the job they are making the tools for.
Make a demo, give it to a few centers to use, collect input. Move on from there.

Will never happen. The last thing UPS ever does is collect information from the people who actually use the product. If they did, navigation would be able to be turned off, wouldn't require resi stops to have 5 steps, driver would be able to change the delivery screen, it would lock tight on a particular address, wouldn't crash all day, call tags would have a "call tag" mark, etc.

One day at a time

Make a demo, give it to a few centers to use, collect input. Move on from there.

Will never happen. The last thing UPS ever does is collect information from the people who actually use the product. If they did, navigation would be able to be turned off, wouldn't require resi stops to have 5 steps, driver would be able to change the delivery screen, it would lock tight on a particular address, wouldn't crash all day, call tags would have a "call tag" mark, etc.
Wouldn’t change screens in pouch or when you grab it. Our late air every day would have a highlight to show it’s an air package. It wouldn’t go black in the middle of a delivery ever. No touch screen. Would fit your hand. Bigger buttons. use the principle keep it simple stupid.

Wally

Lol. The internet doesn’t have enough winner badges for you.
upload_2020-1-21_7-7-56-png.280471

Steamer

Ya, but it's just so much fun sorting while you're looking on a shelf for a minute for that non-existent package with frustration. Then looking through the floor packages. In the 130f hot box. About to sheet it as not found; then realize it's a stupid call tag. :lol:

Wally

Ya, but it's just so much fun sorting while you're looking on a shelf for a minute for that non-existent package with frustration. Then looking through the floor packages. In the 130f hot box. About to sheet it as not found; then realize it's a stupid call tag. :lol:
No one on Big Carol's Diad-6 dream team considered calls? Lol.

pkgdriver

No one on Big Carol's Diad-6 dream team considered calls? Lol.
My DIAD 6 shows a call tag icon. I believe it always has. Adult Signature, Access point, etc also. Our call tags are put in our pouches. I make a mental note when I grab them also. Icons showing will depend on your choice of Compact, Classic or Verbose for your list.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
My DIAD 6 shows a call tag icon. I believe it always has. Adult Signature, Access point, etc also. Our call tags are put in our pouches. I make a mental note when I grab them also. Icons showing will depend on your choice of Compact, Classic or Verbose for your list.

No excuse not to show it on Compact view

Wally

Icons are worthless when no one knows what they are or so micro no one can see it. Put a stupid "C" up. Forget icons.

C- ... oh, call tag here

specter208

We got an update a few days ago that really helped stabilize the DIAD 6. Only thing that I see was changed was the mspnav was changed to an older version which has big blue and red icons for stops.