Diad cradle/mount

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
These things are so well made... just got a new one and it dislodged multiple times the first day and everyday since. The afternoon part of my route has a lot of rough roads and driveways. Just counting the days until the pins get wet or seize up from dirt and grit.
This one is mine. Very well engineered indeed

Attachments

• 9527637A-19AE-4B2D-BA4B-5EE0CB503898.jpeg
    9527637A-19AE-4B2D-BA4B-5EE0CB503898.jpeg
    268.8 KB · Views: 81

Steamer

I’ve had mine for six months and it works just as well as it did the first day. I gently push down on it from the top until it clicks into position. Only idiots slam them down. The runners can’t find the time to do it right.

My route is the dirtiest and on some of the roughest terrain we have. But the cradle is still secure like it was after our mechanic installed it. I think many of the mechanics in the centers are installing them wrong.

I clean it out with wipes every day and have the mechanic apply some special goo to then pins every once in a while. He told me that using water and other cleaning agents corrodes them.

I don’t know what the big deal about these cradles are to make so many drivers so resistant to them. They are awesome. All we have to do now is stop complete, look at the next two stops, put DIAD in cradle, go where it says. Repeat. So simple.
Their special goo. LOL