Diad question - Does managements know if you use the "time" button?

chopstic

It came up in a PCM that when punching out for breaks, or entering in building leave/arrival times we are to definitely to use the "time" button, which auto enters in the current time, instead of manually entering a time. Is this something that shows up in their computer. Do they really know if we are using this "time" button as opposed to entering in times ourselves?

There have been a few occasions where I have forgotten to record my lunch. I always check it at the end of the night, and if I forgot, I manually enter in the numbers to the best of my memory.

OVER10

if you hit the time key,say, on a 10 minute break, you could be on the 59th second of that minute. So, you may only be getting a 9 minute 1 second break. Better to enter it manually starting at one minute past what the diad reads. (mis)management cannot argue that. And go pee and buy your coffee first before you enter time manually.

Last edited:

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
As long as you are not abusing the alotted time there should not be any problem, manually or not as long as its entered correctly, who cares.

It would never fly at a grievance hearing if you were disciplined for not using the time button if you were actually on break or lunch at the time you said you were.

Ghost in the Darkness

I've asked other drivers and I don't think any of us put in break time. Honestly I would say less than half of our drivers even take that 10 minute break. I do because I don't donate time to the UPS cause... they are compensated instead by my best effort during working hrs & mins.

grgrcr88

I've asked other drivers and I don't think any of us put in break time. Honestly I would say less than half of our drivers even take that 10 minute break. I do because I don't donate time to the UPS cause... they are compensated instead by my best effort during working hrs & mins.

Sounds like you are a good employee, and a good Union member!! Wish that was contagious!!

over9five

Staff member
I think someday soon, you guys won't be able to manually enter the times. You'll have to hit the "time button" real time as you start and stop your breaks.

Sounds like you are a good employee, and a good Union member!! Wish that was contagious!!
I wish it was as contagious as swine flu I can't understand why anyone would work for free. Thursday I came in for a hearing at 745 and there were tons of drivers already in there trucks working what a bunch of scabs. After the first of the year I bet management will fire one of those guys or girls and I can't say how many times i'll say I TOLD YOU SO.

grgrcr88

I wish it was as contagious as swine flu I can't understand why anyone would work for free. Thursday I came in for a hearing at 745 and there were tons of drivers already in there trucks working what a bunch of scabs. After the first of the year I bet management will fire one of those guys or girls and I can't say how many times i'll say I TOLD YOU SO.

Why do people not understand they are stealing money from other Union brothers by working prior to their start times for free.

File a grievance to be paid for the time they spent working off the clock, guarantee the company will enforce the rule if it starts costing them money.

Dustyroads

Over nine five says, "I think someday soon, you guys won't be able to manually enter the times. You'll have to hit the "time button" real time as you start and stop your breaks."

I'm not too sure we will see this too soon. The reason is that a lot of the bonus drivers in our center do not take any break nor do they take a lunch. It would be very difficult for them to enter the time any way except manually. Likewise, would the driver be expected to stare at the diad waiting for that tenth minute to arrive to punch the time button again?

If they do change the diad program that only allows a driver to use the time button, the next thing they'll have to do is figure out a way to override it. They should be careful what they wish for.

tracker2762

Maybe some drivers are manually putting in the wrong time. I would even believe that some drivers don't even know there's a time button. I'm trying to figure out why this would be an issue. Your hitting one key instead of four. I find it to easier use stop complete to enter time for break and lunch since I use that key more.

Brown Rocket

Most drivers in my center round up or down to an even number because they are goofy and can't add. One of our OMS people is one of my former part-time sups that I was cool with. Sometimes if I have some lunch left and I take it in the building (I know I know) I'll sit with him and BS and all he is doing is correcting time card errors of the guys that think 1221 to 1300 and 1420 to 1450 equals and hour lunch

UnconTROLLed

perfection
As long as you are not abusing the alotted time there should not be any problem, manually or not as long as its entered correctly, who cares.

It would never fly at a grievance hearing if you were disciplined for not using the time button if you were actually on break or lunch at the time you said you were.

perhaps not fly at a grievance hearing, but could be used as ammo alongside something else. The diad has the acutal time built-in, and by inputting manually the time of your break that disagrees with the built-in time, the centers can see this. when you hit "time" the time is input as the diads current time, which aligns with what the center numbers have.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Yes, they can definitely tell. This was used, unsucessfully in a discharge case where the driver manually input and later manually changed the time. I use the time button habitually now, and only rarely ever have to manually enter anything.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Yes, they can definitely tell. This was used, unsucessfully in a discharge case where the driver manually input and later manually changed the time. I use the time button habitually now, and only rarely ever have to manually enter anything.

So you are telling me that if you go back and change the recorded time, your sups can tell that you done this. Do you know if it shows up on a report or they have to be wacthing your times through out the day?

CRASH501

so you are telling me that if you go back and change the recorded time, your sups can tell that you done this. Do you know if it shows up on a report or they have to be wacthing your times through out the day?
with new technology as soon as you punch out for breaks or lunch center oms see's a knife and fork marked beside your route on their computer screen along with , your last stop completed , how many done/left , and how many pcs. Delivered as well as how many pcs left

satellitedriver

with new technology as soon as you punch out for breaks or lunch center oms see's a knife and fork marked beside your route on their computer screen along with , your last stop completed , how many done/left , and how many pcs. Delivered as well as how many pcs left

Cool,
If they can monitor so much info why the DIAD messages;
How many off?
How many to go?
ETA to Bldg.

Now,
the new technology can print a report that I take my "lunch" between 2100 and 2200, to be able to make all my deliveries and no negative response.
This new technology is the petard I will hoist them upon, when questioned about my actions, on any given day, the record will speak for it's self, on my behalf.

CRASH501

Cool,
If they can monitor so much info why the DIAD messages;
How many off?
How many to go?
ETA to Bldg.

Now,
the new technology can print a report that I take my "lunch" between 2100 and 2200, to be able to make all my deliveries and no negative response.
This new technology is the petard I will hoist them upon, when questioned about my actions, on any given day, the record will speak for it's self, on my behalf.
SIMPLE.
THEY ARE SO PROGRAMMED TO DO SO , ALSO IF THIS TECHNOLOGY IS IMPLIMENTED IN YOUR CENTER AND YOUR DIAD INFO SHOWS YOU HAVE 10 LEFT , NOW THEY SEND YOU A MESSAGE AND YOUR ANSWER IS 25 LEFT , THEY HAVE YOU ON DISHONESTY:angry: