Diad question - Does managements know if you use the "time" button?

705red

Browncafe Steward
Over nine five says, "I think someday soon, you guys won't be able to manually enter the times. You'll have to hit the "time button" real time as you start and stop your breaks."

I'm not too sure we will see this too soon. The reason is that a lot of the bonus drivers in our center do not take any break nor do they take a lunch. It would be very difficult for them to enter the time any way except manually. Likewise, would the driver be expected to stare at the diad waiting for that tenth minute to arrive to punch the time button again?

If they do change the diad program that only allows a driver to use the time button, the next thing they'll have to do is figure out a way to override it. They should be careful what they wish for.
UPS is slowly but surely eliminating the bonus, so in the near future bonus will not be an issue.

bumped

SIMPLE.
THEY ARE SO PROGRAMMED TO DO SO , ALSO IF THIS TECHNOLOGY IS IMPLIMENTED IN YOUR CENTER AND YOUR DIAD INFO SHOWS YOU HAVE 10 LEFT , NOW THEY SEND YOU A MESSAGE AND YOUR ANSWER IS 25 LEFT , THEY HAVE YOU ON DISHONESTY:angry:

I tell them the truth, "I don't know". When the massage is sent I just can't go and look I have to give them an answer.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I tell them the truth, "I don't know". When the massage is sent I just can't go and look I have to give them an answer.

Here's a thought--why not say, let me check and I will get back to you, and then check what you have left in EDD and send them an ODS? Each screen holds 8 stops so the math shouldn't be that hard.

jimstud

Banned
Here's a thought--why not say, let me check and I will get back to you, and then check what you have left in EDD and send them an ODS? Each screen holds 8 stops so the math shouldn't be that hard.
not true, if you have apt. buildings or office condos those 8 stops could be as many as 64.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.

Cool,
If they can monitor so much info why the DIAD messages;
How many off?
How many to go?
ETA to Bldg.

Now,
the new technology can print a report that I take my "lunch" between 2100 and 2200, to be able to make all my deliveries and no negative response.
This new technology is the petard I will hoist them upon, when questioned about my actions, on any given day, the record will speak for it's self, on my behalf.

I've been told, at least where our center is, that there is a (10-15 min ?) delay between stop complete and the centers monitor status. I always just total up the 8 x screen count and say, for instance "20-25 ish."

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
So you are telling me that if you go back and change the recorded time, your sups can tell that you done this. Do you know if it shows up on a report or they have to be watching your times through out the day?

I know it shows up on some place like your time card. I feel it's always better to simply assume that if you can imagine a tech situation where they could possibly have an advantage, then you need to just figure they can and do. If they don't now they will soon, and so just work accordingly. Simply changing your time might not be an issue, unless there are other things surrounding it that are red flags as well. Not worth the chance or worry.

My thought is this; that there are currently "key logger" programs that hackers use to gain access to personal info on the unsuspecting by planting malicious software on a hard drive. Why would a business like UPS not utilize this same idea to keep track of it's diads?? Assume that every key stroke makes a permanent record that can be called up later and printed out for anyone who need to "see" what was entered and/or changed. It just makes sense.

Dustyroads

It's really surprising that they haven't eliminated bonus. Let's take an example, say you have a center with 40 drivers and the center is running 40 hours underallowed every day, it's costing the company $1600 a day in pay, in excess of the scheduled hourly compensation. That really adds up. Of course, the argument made is that the drivers will just work slower (or dumber, I guess), stay out longer, and collect the money either way. There are two flaws with that position. First, some drivers work fast and want to be home or at other places, and will be underallowed regardless of whether they are making bonus. And, second, it implies that the system and the allowances are fair and accurate. Simply put, there are quirks in the allowance system that allow certain areas to make lots and lots of bonus, and they have nothing to do with working smart or working hard. You know the places where the driver backs in and three guys on the dock start handing the packages and totes to the driver as fast as he or she can put them on the shelf. Drivers go in and raid those stops that have piles of smalls, and come away two or three hours under. It would be interesting to know exactly how much money in bonus the company pays to drivers annually. Any ideas, P-man?

MethodsMan2

The system they are using is called ODSe which means On Demand Service enhanced. It tells them everything you have completed when you log out for break or lunch including the number of pieces too. It also shows them everything that is left in your diad that needs to be completed. It show a knife and fork when you log out for break or lunch. It shows the mileage from where you break trace to where you are taking your break and the return mileage too. Anytime you edit anything in your diad it sends an alert to the manager watching the system and a red flag will show up on screen beside your route number.