Diad-Six Winter Job Hazard: Cannot Operate While Wearing Gloves. Potential Governmental Or Legal Action?

Sixth Punch Sense

A driver gets frost bite, he or she might be able to sue the company and the Diad designer? Could OSHA get involved?
Shrug, I use the stylus enhanced setting and use the stylus for every stop. Slows me down and adds money to my paycheck. But it doesn't fail. In the teens today and no problems

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
41ajIPINGML._AC_SY780_.jpg

I've been using these. They work fine. I brought it up as a safety concern, asked if UPS could supply. Waiting to hear back.

Siveriano

My point- union allows UPS to do as it pleases.
but is also up to the drivers, if you bark loud enough even the union will support you.
Once i was told " your meal start once you finish your stop and ends a minute before you scan a package" my steward back then told me this was the rule so next day after i finish a stop at a office building i sent a text message to my SUP, manager and steward " As instructed by SUP XXX my lunch has begun and as per DOT regulations, im not allow to be perform duty work while of the clock, diad, 2 pickup RS pieces and hand truck are located at "business address", my next stop after lunch will be at "addy blah blah" make sure to bring my diad and hand truck a minute before my lunch hour is finished but also make sure is done by an union member as it is union work."
then they had the steward calling me to tell me it will be abandoning UPS property blah blah so i just told him " i love the union and all but im on lunch so :censored2: off".
next manager called me trying to play the refuse to work as directed, i told him as well to :censored2: off, then steward called me begging me to grab my hand truck and diad of the ground.
next day they told me " your meal should start once you get back to your package car and put all your work equipment away and ends once you start moving towards your next stop.
with this diad VI :censored2: ill play like sending a message on every stop " warming my hands", "hands warmed", " moving to next stop", " warming my hands" until they get sick of it and tell me just to try my best and do what i gotta do

DriverNerd

My supervisor commented one night when he saw me using the stylus "You use the stylus?".

I said "yeah, when I'm wearing gloves. You don't expect me to take my gloves off when it's 10° do you?"

He then said: "that's a great idea!"

To me it was just common sense. I mean what other option do I have?!

Brownwind

If the stylus is failing while using it for signatures, it is because you can not touch under the signature line. If anything is, the stylus will not be recognized. The customers palm or finger is most likely touching under sig line.
Thank you. I couldn’t for the life of me figure it out. Can’t tell you how much time I spent with the signatures and the board crashing

Steamer

You have to buy your own socks to keep your feet warm. You have to buy your own gloves to keep your hands warm. Touch screen gloves are cheap. Check Amazon. I got mine from AliExpress for like $3 a pair. But it takes a few weeks to get them. I have like 20 pair sitting here. I gave about a dozen pair out to some fellow drivers last year as Christmas gifts.
These are the ones. But they are $12 a pair on Amazon. About the best fit with rubber grippers that work with the touch screen pretty well. I've tried many kinds. Why do people whine so much?

These are really good too but more expensive.

It takes a few hours to break them in. Then they work with the touch screen better as the tip shapes to your finger.
I use Glysolid or Eucerin hand cream and then put the gloves on. No more cracked finger tips either.

Last edited:

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
How long do you seem to get out of them before the touch finger stops responding?
You have to buy your own socks to keep your feet warm. You have to buy your own gloves to keep your hands warm. Touch screen gloves are cheap. Check Amazon. I got mine from AliExpress for like $3 a pair. But it takes a few weeks to get them. I have like 20 pair sitting here. I gave about a dozen pair out to some fellow drivers last year as Christmas gifts.
These are the ones. But they are $12 a pair on Amazon. About the best fit with rubber grippers that work with the touch screen pretty well. I've tried many kinds. Why do people whine so much?

These are really good too but more expensive.

It takes a few hours to break them in. Then they work with the touch screen better as the tip shapes to your finger.
I use Glysolid or Eucerin hand cream and then put the gloves on. No more cracked finger tips either.