DIAD Upgrades

bumped

In our Center we can change PU times without any hassle just print your pick up log and make what changes are necessary......... the OM clerk will have it fixed lickety split....... so in the case of the driver with the am pickup....... move the pu time to whenever he is there doing his delivery..... make the pu and then swing back later to confirm they don't have anything else.... if they do pick it up and scan barcode if not just scan barcode.... simple......If that is the only pu that you are non-compliant on....... then I don't see the big deal....19 out of 20 ain't bad.........it's not like you are missing the packages or the pu.... hell you are even going by there twice....if it suits the customers needs that should satisfy UPS

The problem is when a coverage driver does the route the pickup in the pm may be missed.

GeorgiaBrown

Not if the PU has a note embedded in the Diad.... or regular driver leaves a written note in his log..... or he verbally tells the cover driver about it..... or the customer reminds the coverage driver to drive by in the pm to check.

browniehound

do you what diad updates actually mean ? the suits are going to expect more stops per hour.

My question becomes, when do suits expect the law of diminishing returns start kicking in? There is a limit to SPORH for a given route. Yet, UPS is willing to throw good money away to up a driver's SPORH by .5 (we have driver's getting warning letters for performance of .5 less than the OJS)?

I'm not a bean counter and don't know the cost breakdown of the UPS driver so I'm actually asking a question here. An increase of .5 SPORH will create about 7 more stops in production per day, on average.

This would be great news to me if it were my business. The problem is, you just paid someone $1,000 to prove that I can save the company $7/per day. Then, after that he can go back to his old SPORH and it will take a ton of effort($$$$) to get him fired.

I base the above on the assumption that the driver produces $1 in profit/stop and the sup. earns $1600/week.

I may be way off base here, but it appears to me that UPS doesn't need any on-car supervisors if themselves spend 30 hours a week doing nothing except watch every move a driver makes?? My kid's babysitter makes $6.00/hour. If the sups. were earning this wage then I might agree with the tactic.

I just want to say the problem is not the drivers. If the company thinks so then we are not going to last much longer.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
The best thing to do would be do an unscheduled pu and when he went back in the afternoon do it by pu time. When u do unscheduled it will not affect the actual time.... Just how I would do it....

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Another upgrade has to do with misloads. We are supposed to be able to scan the tracking number and send it back to the center. I have no idea how, as Ol'B said...................No explanation whatsoever!

tworavens

JuniorMember for 24 Years
The best thing to do would be do an unscheduled pu and when he went back in the afternoon do it by pu time. When u do unscheduled it will not affect the actual time.... Just how I would do it....

Only problem with that is that now you are adding a pickup stop to your day every day. That is setting yourself up for a time-stealing accusation.

satellitedriver

As are the days of common sense.
After reading about all the tricks of the trade for a driver to meet the numbers handed down by the center, I feel the drivers are just as guilty at falsifying numbers as the management team.
Jeez, do it exactly the way you are directed. If the " day's plan" goes to hell, so be it.
This is the only way to prove that the lack of daily planning and use of common sense ( we use to call common sense, area knowledge) is the flaw in the one size fits all technological approach.
Fat chance it will change the new direction, but now I get 10 to 15hrs of OT with all the new cost saving measures.
I can just be as stupid as the way I am forced to be stupid.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
After reading about all the tricks of the trade for a driver to meet the numbers handed down by the center, I feel the drivers are just as guilty at falsifying numbers as the management team.
Jeez, do it exactly the way you are directed. If the " day's plan" goes to hell, so be it.
This is the only way to prove that the lack of daily planning and use of common sense ( we use to call common sense, area knowledge) is the flaw in the one size fits all technological approach.
Fat chance it will change the new direction, but now I get 10 to 15hrs of OT with all the new cost saving measures.
I can just be as stupid as the way I am forced to be stupid.
Sat, I couldn't agree with you more! If I can get there on time I will. If I can't then it is not my problem to fix. It gets dumped back in mgt's lap. If they want me there on time then they can fix it so that I can get there on time.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
An Option to play hot potato with the misload.

You can scan the package and send the tracking info and whether or not you can deliver it to the center. They can then delete it from the edd of the driver it belongs to.
This is going to end up being a double edged sword. We have been instructed, just recently, that we are supposed to ODS in all misloads. If they were out of our area we would sheet them as missed and bring them back in. If they were near enough to the rte the misload was to be on, then arrangements would be made. Pretty much, what we would do is use our 'common sense' (damm here is that word again) and make our own arrangements. Now, we have to rely on the center making the right decision :sick: (not going to happen on a cold day in hell).

Today, I had 2 misloads for the rte next to me and the driver on the opposite side had a misload for the rte next to me. Instead of letting the center make the decsion, I made it for them. ODS 3 misloads, left at UPS store, pls notify driver. I will scan misload and send it and until I am told otherwise, I will tell them the appropriate action that I have taken to get the misload delivered. :happy2:

Hey, isn't this all about customer service? :surprised:

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
There is also the ability to trade pickup rts, diad 2 diad, as well as to have the center modify your workday after you are on road. Also a reconcile screen that shows pkgs. , miles , etc in one place.

MC4YOU2

I wonder when the upgrade that allows us to deliver in the direction we are currently driving and on the side of the street we are already on will come online?

Last edited:

MC4YOU2

Can't wait for friday. It takes 2 days to fully experience the wonderment of the upgrade.

Last edited: