Did DHL buyout Yellow?

Pip

Heard this this morning that DHL is in the process or has already completed the purchase of Yellow which bought out Roadway. Anybody else hear anything about this? I'm just not sure if it is rumor or legit. Figured I'd throw this out to the congregation.

I heard this and it was like "WOW"! Somebody must have come up with some major $$$ to buy out Yellow.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Heard this this morning that DHL is in the process or has already completed the purchase of Yellow which bought out Roadway. Anybody else hear anything about this?

From this article, it sounds like there might be something to it:

YRC stock fluctuates on buyout rumor

The price of YRC Worldwide stock went up sharply Wednesday – then back down again – following a rumor that the LTL operation might be bought by a German company.
The rumor spread on Tuesday, Sept. 25, that Deutsche Post, the parent company of DHL parcel delivery, had offered $41 a share for YRC – an amount much higher than its shares were trading.
But on Wednesday, a stock analyst at Bear Sterns said he doubted the credibility of the buyout rumor, and YRC’s stock went back down to around $28.
Deutsche Post said it made no buyout offer. “Land Line Now” called YRC officials for comment, but that call was not returned.
Headquartered in Overland Park, KS, YRC Worldwide employs approximately 66,000 people. Its companies include Yellow Transportation, Roadway, Reimer Express, USF, New Penn and YRC Logistics.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
i think the last thing I want to see is Tractors trailers painted in the DHL colors. Pretty soon there will be only 3 trucking companys around UPD FDX and the Germans..

Cementups

Box Monkey
I can't imagine though that DHL would want to purchase a company that is a Union shop. I wouldn't think that they would want to afford that.

Lobofan5

Two things.

1. O DEAR GOD DHL has ugly uniforms. The less of those
I see the better.

2. The last DHL person I saw 'working' was delivering a box
to a bank where I was in line. Short woman, not the
most petite, spikey crispy hair, big tattoo on the back of
her thigh..TALKING on her cell phone WHILE she was
getting a signature with the customer. When I went
outside her truck was still parked in front of the
bank...God as my witness it had a DONUT tire on the
front.

Can't WAIT to see THIS buyout!!

diesel96

Maybe DHL is trying to buy out the "color yellow" and be like us "brown". And Fed Ex can be "purple"and Usps can be "blue".