Need a little encouragement (On Topic)

Pooter

OP, the full time position is not 100% guaranteed. You still have to qualify. It's hard but not impossible. Keep pushing for your family and u should be fine.

Instead of worrying about getting 40hrs, read through the help qualifying threads. :D

Once you qualify, the first 2 years is feast or famine so always budget accordingly. As a full time employee you can work inside on days you are not driving.

Good luck qualifying! Eat ramen if you must!

P

pickup

So if I'm starting on Tuesday the 5th...wouldn't I easily make 30 days before Oct 15? The guy who has been coming through my last job was working every day.

You need to work 5 days a week every week for the next six weeks from your start date to hit 30 days. Miss one day and you ain't hitting 30 before oct 15.

Dumbo

OP, the full time position is not 100% guaranteed. You still have to qualify. It's hard but not impossible. Keep pushing for your family and u should be fine.

Instead of worrying about getting 40hrs, read through the help qualifying threads. :D

Once you qualify, the first 2 years is feast or famine so always budget accordingly. As a full time employee you can work inside on days you are not driving.

Good luck qualifying! Eat ramen if you must!

Absolutely..I have all of the DOK memorized, been trying to find any info on the Diad, everything I can do to find out how to qualify I've been doing. Thanks for the tips!

Pooter

I'm going to ask if I can do 6 days a week if possible to try and make it.

Not gonna happen because other full time drivers need to work before you. They will try to fit you in to qualify. Most trainees don't work Saturday or Monday.

It's going to suck but hang in there. It's worth the bullsh:t

Bonbon

Well behaved women rarely make history
Not gonna happen because other full time drivers need to work before you. They will try to fit you in to qualify. Most trainees don't work Saturday or Monday.

It's going to suck but hang in there. It's worth the bullsh:t
If they've told you Tues-Sat I'd count on that. Mondays are really slow around here. But offering to help shows your willingness and that helps a lot when trying to qualify.

Dumbo

If they've told you Tues-Sat I'd count on that. Mondays are really slow around here. But offering to help shows your willingness and that helps a lot when trying to qualify.

I'll definitely offer to help. I fully know what I'm getting into. I know it's run like the military, it's hard work, and I feel like the benefits for my family and the top pay will make it all worth it.

Bonbon

Well behaved women rarely make history
I'll definitely offer to help. I fully know what I'm getting into. I know it's run like the military, it's hard work, and I feel like the benefits for my family and the top pay will make it all worth it.
Yes but when you make seniority don't work so damn hard! I keep trying to teach my husband this! But until then if you really want this...you're their bitch.

Pooter

He's qualifying. Once qualified he will work tues-sat.

Around here, Saturday dispatch combines 2-3 routes. Highly doubt they will have him try to scratch a Saturday.

But it is ups... :D

Dumbo

Do most of you carry a backpack with you then? I have a nice Blackhawk pack that I figured I'd carry wipes, extra uniform, socks, battery pack for my phone, extra pens, flashlight, etc.

CoryAndTrevor

Absolutely..I have all of the DOK memorized, been trying to find any info on the Diad, everything I can do to find out how to qualify I've been doing. Thanks for the tips!

Hey friendo, I'm in a similar boat as you in that I started working a couple weeks ago after driver training class, stuck in local sort because "not enough supervisors to train all the new drivers" or so they say, and I'm really getting mixed signals about what counts toward seniority (does local sort count, or just driving days? On here it sounds like local sort doesn't count, but at my center I'm told it does), what my hours will be driving this peak (on here I'm hearing about possibly not driving at all and/or getting laid off after peak, but at my center I'm hearing 60 to 80 hours during peak and "don't worry" about getting laid off), among other things.

So yeah, lots of conflicting information, basically I'm just going to do my darndest and hope for the best.

I can give you a helpful tidbit-- I think--- Did you say you already did the driver training class, or heading there soon? In any case, if you have the DOK memorized, that's great. I wouldn't worry too much about the DIAD, that thing seemed pretty self-evident once I started using it (during class, mind you, it may be more tricky in the real world).

Anyway, good luck.