Did i get the job or what?

I had an interview with the Ground for a seasonal package handler on the 4th, and I was being told hiring start around the 20th something, but now it's 26th, and I haven't heard anything from them since. I believe season starts in November. Are they finishing up for the hiring seasonal handlers already? Should I give them a call on Monday?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I had an interview with the Ground for a seasonal package handler on the 4th, and I was being told hiring start around the 20th something, but now it's 26th, and I haven't heard anything from them since. I believe season starts in November. Are they finishing up for the hiring seasonal handlers already? Should I give them a call on Monday?

"Seasonal package handler" means disposable temporary employee. FedEx is not a good company to work for. If you want to be a seasonal handler, do it at UPS. If they like you, they might keep you on after peak.

Nick9075

"Seasonal package handler" means disposable temporary employee. FedEx is not a good company to work for. If you want to be a seasonal handler, do it at UPS. If they like you, they might keep you on after peak.

Good point and I you are being too nice. UPS is advertising $16.10 per hour for seasonal workers here in Massachusetts. FedEx has become beyond horrible, I am out after peak if not before (but that is a whole other story).

CJinx

Being a package handler during peak season is rough. Endless sea of boxes, cold warehouse, stressed out managers....

I'll be in the office.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Being a package handler during peak season is rough. Endless sea of boxes, cold warehouse, stressed out managers....

I'll be in the office.

Do you warm your Kool-Aid in the winter months? And does that strengthen it's effects?

nvm the hard work. i cant even get the job itself. i called them yesterday but the lady said the guy wasn't there so i have to leave my info for him to call me back. again, so far nothing happening! UPS is nice too but they just pay right at minimum wage+union fees whereas Fedex pays like 2 dollars more with no union. when is the seasonal package handler usually start?

CJinx

i knew it! just checking. i guess i didn't get the job but dang so closed at least i think so. well it's a seasonal job anyway. package handler is like the perfect job for college student.
Not unless you like being dog tired before the day has even begun! lol