Did Obama Know CIA Was Monitoring Intelligence Committee?

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe it's not the people, maybe it's the system. We live in an age when money = speech, both parties gerrymander ridiculous districts, being elected is only a precursor to being reelected. "We" go to war but mostly it's the poorest and those with the least opportunity who die on the battlefield. "We" are a very, very wealthy nation that scoffs at the welfare cheat, chides the bailed out Wall Street banks and auto industries but will protect 'til our dying breath our Medicare, our corporate tax breaks, our mortgage interest deduction, and the local military base. And you wonder why we reelect these people? You may not like the answer, but I have one: because ultimately this really is the government we want.

wkmac

Maybe it's not the people, maybe it's the system. We live in an age when money = speech, both parties gerrymander ridiculous districts, being elected is only a precursor to being reelected. "We" go to war but mostly it's the poorest and those with the least opportunity who die on the battlefield. "We" are a very, very wealthy nation that scoffs at the welfare cheat, chides the bailed out Wall Street banks and auto industries but will protect 'til our dying breath our Medicare, our corporate tax breaks, our mortgage interest deduction, and the local military base. And you wonder why we reelect these people? You may not like the answer, but I have one: because ultimately this really is the government we want.

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.
Dick Cavett

My avatar too!

And I would argue it's the true welfare cheat that actually made this nation into what we think is very, very, very wealthy. Yet one day we'll either learn otherwise or our kids will and they'll rightly hate and curse us for it.