Did these guys nail it?

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Regardless, they gave me quite the laugh.

*CONTAINS PROFANITY*

[video=youtube;o3ofnY40y4Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3ofnY40y4Q&feature=plcp[/video]

GoodGrief

Sounds like 2 a-holes that like to listen to themselves talk. My FedEx guy is nothing like that. And I wish someone would work me like MY dogs are worked. Sleep, eat and play all day. UPS rings my door bell and runs, FedEx waits for me to open the door. Bunch of BS. You guys deliver, do you throw computer monitors?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Sounds like 2 a-holes that like to listen to themselves talk. My FedEx guy is nothing like that. And I wish someone would work me like MY dogs are worked. Sleep, eat and play all day. UPS rings my door bell and runs, FedEx waits for me to open the door. Bunch of BS. You guys deliver, do you throw computer monitors?

Why yes, we do!! Didn't you see the monitor-throwing incident last year around Christmas? What is readily apparent is that you don't understand what we do, what we are asked to do, and how difficult it really is. If we stuck you in a truck and had you run a route, you'd be begging for mercy within a few hours.

HomeDelivery

STFXG, you're ground & if you didn't skim over the other threads, Express is running thin on couriers & they're expected to cover more ground with tighter time deadlines than your division...

they are being scrutinized for any time gap between stops & may get an OLCC for just about anything that's seems insignificant to the other opcos...

other Express couriers think i don't know what's going on with their division, trying to lower their pay and work standards to Ground/HD levels, I know better than Goodgrief that customer service is going out the window in favor of drop-and-run driver release stops, just to make it look more productive to the shareholders.

bbsam

Staff member
STFXG, you're ground & if you didn't skim over the other threads, Express is running thin on couriers & they're expected to cover more ground with tighter time deadlines than your division...

they are being scrutinized for any time gap between stops & may get an OLCC for just about anything that's seems insignificant to the other opcos...

other Express couriers think i don't know what's going on with their division, trying to lower their pay and work standards to Ground/HD levels, I know better than Goodgrief that customer service is going out the window in favor of drop-and-run driver release stops, just to make it look more productive to the shareholders.
All true, but from what other threads say, UPS is becoming the same beast. I am only half joking when I say, "We're all Ground now."

HomeDelivery

i knew that about UPS when i first joined on this forum that they're becoming like Express with all those nit-picking by management & telematics... but, they're #1 in the industry for some reason.

they do ALL 3 of our opcos in one truck! Express type of stuff in the AM, then Ground / Home Deliveries in the mid-day ~a nice paid lunch break ~ and then Ground-type pickups in the PM along with the remaining business/ residentials.

sure, UPS's service areas are more condensed vs. purple, but they seem to make it work. & if oneUPSer is having a rough day, he/she can call for "backup." Not in my division ~ i'll be done as late as 10pm in some cases & work 7 days a week during peak a few years ago!!!

it was also when the brown giant went public to stockholders where all that crap ie "stops-per-car" comes into play & some management doesn't see the common sense of dispatching more drivers vs payin OT to those already-highly paid brown drivers...

UnconTROLLed

perfection
i knew that about UPS when i first joined on this forum that they're becoming like Express with all those nit-picking by management & telematics... but, they're #1 in the industry for some reason.

they do ALL 3 of our opcos in one truck! Express type of stuff in the AM, then Ground / Home Deliveries in the mid-day ~a nice paid lunch break ~ and then Ground-type pickups in the PM along with the remaining business/ residentials.

sure, UPS's service areas are more condensed vs. purple, but they seem to make it work. & if oneUPSer is having a rough day, he/she can call for "backup." Not in my division ~ i'll be done as late as 10pm in some cases & work 7 days a week during peak a few years ago!!!

it was also when the brown giant went public to stockholders where all that crap ie "stops-per-car" comes into play & some management doesn't see the common sense of dispatching more drivers vs payin OT to those already-highly paid brown drivers...

Hah, call for back-up? More like beg for mer...oops, nevermind.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Actually, they're pretty much on the money with their comments. Sorry you can't handle street talk. Ever been around urban black folks? This is how they talk...get over it.

check6ii

Maaaaan.......shoot its not that bad. But I understand and agree with the point they are making. Thats why Im so friend'in glad I mtfo....(moved the "flub" on). FedEx does treat you like crap, and it wasnt that way even 5 years ago!!!!!!

check6ii

Actually, they're pretty much on the money with their comments. Sorry you can't handle street talk. Ever been around urban black folks? This is how they talk...get over it.
Actually they speak my language. Im educated, college grad, USMC Officer, and I dont like ***** sugar coated. Just speak it.....Ill understand. These two dudes arent frikken stoopid yo-

check6ii

Dude has BLUE FLIPPIN EYES........When was the last time you saw some street thug gangsta dude with BLUE FLIPPIN EYES LMBO

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Actually, they're pretty much on the money with their comments.

That was my intent in sharing this video. To see if these guys have a more accurate view of the service side of the company than the cubicle dwellers that we are so blessed with here in the forums.

Last edited:

TUT

That was my intent in sharing this video. To see if these guys have a more accurate view of the service side of the company than the cubicle dwellers that we are so blessed with here in the forums.

I personally feel it is more of a service to the recipients. They need to understand their package in 1 in a million. Things can happen. Package your stuff very well. They aren't perfect, you aren't perfect, package handling isn't perfect.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I personally feel it is more of a service to the recipients. They need to understand their package in 1 in a million. Things can happen. Package your stuff very well. They aren't perfect, you aren't perfect, package handling isn't perfect.

Sorry, but it's not 1 in a million, even though I know that's a figure of speech. It's way up, and it's because a lot of employees who used to care, no longer give a sheet. That's what a tyrannical "leader' does to an organization.

TUT

Sorry, but it's not 1 in a million, even though I know that's a figure of speech. It's way up, and it's because a lot of employees who used to care, no longer give a sheet. That's what a tyrannical "leader' does to an organization.

Right. Still felt that video is best served for the recipients to understand shipping is no cake walk. Also I want to share, I have seen a slight uptick on my latest numbers for Express damages. Not panicsville, but it did pop up a bit.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Right. Still felt that video is best served for the recipients to understand shipping is no cake walk. Also I want to share, I have seen a slight uptick on my latest numbers for Express damages. Not panicsville, but it did pop up a bit.

No intentional damages...nothing to see here. i'm waiting to see how long my transmission lasts after I shift it into reverse at about 7 mph a couple of times each day. $$$$$$