Diesel Fuel In The Gas Tank

Laguna Preload

So yesterday a new cover driver put about a half a tank of diesel fuel into a gas package car. He was on a country route out in the middle of nowhere and another driver had to go way out of his way to get him.
I’m not sure if he is qualified yet because he didn’t start his qualification period until after peak. Not sure if he has got his 30 days in yet. But I do know he has his 70 days as a part timer so he is in the union.
My question is what do you think is going to happen to him on Monday? They were saying he had to start his packet over but never did and I know he just or was just about to sign a bid sheet to go full time.
Our shop steward is spineless.
anything I can do to help him or is he at the mercy of management?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So yesterday a new cover driver put about a half a tank of diesel fuel into a gas package car. He was on a country route out in the middle of nowhere and another driver had to go way out of his way to get him.
I’m not sure if he is qualified yet because he didn’t start his qualification period until after peak. Not sure if he has got his 30 days in yet. But I do know he has his 70 days as a part timer so he is in the union.
My question is what do you think is going to happen to him on Monday? They were saying he had to start his packet over but never did and I know he just or was just about to sign a bid sheet to go full time.

depends on how many other dumb things he’s done

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Man how that thing must have smoked!

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
This is 100% something YOU did, isn’t it? You seem to know an awful lot about the situation. Also, how do you fit a diesel pump handle inside of a gasoline tank?

rod

Retired 22 years
This is 100% something YOU did, isn’t it? You seem to know an awful lot about the situation. Also, how do you fit a diesel pump handle inside of a gasoline tank?
Pretty easy to do on some of the trucks that have a fill hole 3 inches in diameter.

WTFm8

Pretty easy to do on some of the trucks that have a fill hole 3 inches in diameter.

... not on gassers they don’t.

Diesels have the 2.5” opening with screw on metal cap. Gas has the standard plastic cap and a flapped fill opening that only gas nozzles fit in. Diesel nozzles are larger for that very reason.

Laguna Preload

Lol all I know is what the driver that had to go pick him up told me. I can confirm it’s true though I sub drive a school bus after morning preload and I saw him riding in the jump seat with the driver that picked him up. I was like what in the heck is he riding with him for

Laguna Preload

Diesels have the 2.5” opening with screw on metal cap. Gas has the standard plastic cap and a flapped fill opening that only gas nozzles fit in. Diesel nozzles are larger for that very reason.
That’s what I thought I was like how can you put in diesel? The nozzle is bigger plus we are a small center with only e few diesels so I don’t get how he did it either.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

I guess everybody has new package cars now.

rod

Retired 22 years

They must have change that. Every P-800 we had that was gas (that was all of them) had the large fill hole.

rod

Retired 22 years

You must be thinking of some other company beside UPS. UPS does weird stuff all the time that makes no sense.