Diesel fuel shortage: Why is no one talking about this?

vantexan

And just the other day both Barcelona and Vancouver dropped out of bidding for the 2030 Winter Olympics. Same reason....They lose money.
Barcelona and Vancouver don't need the exposure. Y'all piss on everything that people want to see that's traditional.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
(Source: U.S. Energy Information Administration)

(Source: U.S. Energy Information Administration)

Last edited:

bacha29

They can replace the imported oil with domestic oil and make up the difference in volume. Just have Biden reverse what he put in place by executive order and let's see how it goes. You won't do it. Biden won't do it. All the excuses you make are just a smokescreen for the ultimate destruction of our oil industry. The oil executives know this and are grabbing everything they can while they can.
Oil is a global commodity and priced in a global market Whether it's imported or domestic the price is still the same.
Now when BP said that it will cut their oil and gas output 40% did they go ask Joe Biden if that was ok with him?
Oh and BTW did I tell you what they said they were going to replace that 40% cut with? the answer: renewables.

30 year mortgages are now 7%. did they go ask Joe Biden if it was ok with him?
Jeb Powell jacked interest rates another 3/4%. did he go ask Joe Biden if it was ok with him?

Yes, the powers of the American presidency has been slowly weakening over these past decades . Now are you so afraid of what may or may not happen that you would feel less afraid by replacing a democratically elected president who answers to rule of law with an autocratic dictator who answers to nobody?

PT Car Washer

They can replace the imported oil with domestic oil and make up the difference in volume. Just have Biden reverse what he put in place by executive order and let's see how it goes. You won't do it. Biden won't do it. All the excuses you make are just a smokescreen for the ultimate destruction of our oil industry. The oil executives know this and are grabbing everything they can while they can.
Destruction of the oil industry. LOL

What'dyabringmetoday???

That’s fine. The problem is that fuel prices and diesel shortage is mainly a function of economics, not politics. And those economic forces are not relegated to the borders of the United States.

I can hear it now though: “All I know is that when Donald Trump was president, gas was $1.47 a gallon!” Although that is a concern and folks have every right to be upset, until the scale of capitalism is in balance so that people can afford to live, there won’t be any real improvement.

FWIW, $15 per hour is not a living wage.
Then people need to get jobs that pay more.

vantexan

Oil is a global commodity and priced in a global market Whether it's imported or domestic the price is still the same.
Now when BP said that it will cut their oil and gas output 40% did they go ask Joe Biden if that was ok with him?
Oh and BTW did I tell you what they said they were going to replace that 40% cut with? the answer: renewables.

30 year mortgages are now 7%. did they go ask Joe Biden if it was ok with him?
Jeb Powell jacked interest rates another 3/4%. did he go ask Joe Biden if it was ok with him?

Yes, the powers of the American presidency has been slowly weakening over these past decades . Now are you so afraid of what may or may not happen that you would feel less afraid by replacing a democratically elected president who answers to rule of law with an autocratic dictator who answers to nobody?
Blah blah blah. Reverse his policies and let's see.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Yes, it takes a lot of oil to prevent dinosaurs squeaking.
Nephew confused me years ago when he asked if the oil in the earth was from the blubber of dinosaurs.

He referenced the whale blubber and the terms fossil fuels and how dinosaur bones were referred to as fossils.

Still confuses me talking about it.

I told him to go ride his bike and leave me alone 🤣

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
The mainstream media will suddenly discover that the diesel shortage is a thing on Wednesday.
"Diesel shortages are the latest wave of Russian disinformation peddled by Trumpers
"If you use diesel, you may be a white supremacist"
"Diesel shortages: Here's why it's a good thing!"
"Diesel has always been scarce"