discharged for dishonesty

Laura,
The key phrase you want to use is that you have no RECOLLECTION of hitting the vehicle or any thing that would lead you to believe you hit the vehicle. If it can be proven that you did then let them charge you with an accident but not with dishonesty.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
wow, really? ok well let me go back to the we can't afford doughnuts because we pay drivers too much and they are always in hit and run accidents that "arn't their fault" argument. no wonder customers are complaining if they come outside and there is a scrape the same color as a package car down the side of their parked vehicle.

she would get her job back....but she told the DM to friend off...so hopefully not.

oh yeah, but the DM is a jerk, soooooo that must make him worthless and clueless. Do you all realize what a position it puts UPS in everytime there is an accident - sure she might have not known, but for every 1 that really was not known, there are 50 that drivers are lying about it.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
not gone forever, you'd like that too much.

no i just went to cook dinner.

8 years, accident free - and i'd say I drive at least 150 miles per day for UPS.

Good Luck Laura. I am not much of a help. Just wanted to let you know that I really do hope the best for you in this type of a situation. Its horrible.

bluehdmc

not gone forever, you'd like that too much.

no i just went to cook dinner.

8 years, accident free - and i'd say I drive at least 150 miles per day for UPS.

Do you get safety awards?

But do you make 150 stops? and have 6.8 seconds to do them in? in traffic? with commit times? with everything else UPS drivers have to do?

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
....sure she might have not known, but for every 1 that really was not known, there are 50 that drivers are lying about it.
Maybe, if we weren't treated as murderers and hung in the village square for such minor incidents like "hit while parked", drivers would be less inclined to feel the need to stretch the truth. It's not our fault UPS bought into such a lame insurance policy that makes them pay for accidents that are clearly the fault of others. A package car is hit in the rear, the other person is ticketed by the police, but UPS has to pay the insurance company for the accident? What kind of BS is that?!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe, if we weren't treated as murderers and hung in the village square for such minor incidents like "hit while parked", drivers would be less inclined to feel the need to stretch the truth. It's not our fault UPS bought into such a lame insurance policy that makes them pay for accidents that are clearly the fault of others. A package car is hit in the rear, the other person is ticketed by the police, but UPS has to pay the insurance company for the accident? What kind of BS is that?!

Huh? UPS does not automatically pay for every accident regardless of cause. What UPS does is set aside money, based upon the severity of the accident and historical data, for every accident. For example, UPS will set aside $47K for a Tier 3. This does not mean that they cut a check for $47K but instead allocates the funds in case they do have to cut a check.

959Nanook

Huh? UPS does not automatically pay for every accident regardless of cause. What UPS does is set aside money, based upon the severity of the accident and historical data, for every accident. For example, UPS will set aside $47K for a Tier 3. This does not mean that they cut a check for $47K but instead allocates the funds in case they do have to cut a check.

The devil is in the details...yada yada... do the mechanics of how the money goes from one pot to another really matter? It is still a charade that is rife for issues. Does $1200 really need to be cut/set aside for scratched paint where a quarter panel rubbed a bumper in tight quarters in the shop? UPS will NEVER fix the paint. It matches the other quarter panels in the shop (over 50% of the quarter panels in my shop have the same scratch). But because I was foolish enough to report it, I am the one on working termination.

EDIT: I would be discharged though if I had not reported it and someone else had reported it.