discharged for dishonesty

Re-Raise

We had a driver less than six months from retirement who was driving down a two lane highway, when a drunk driver pulling a trailer with a lawn mower on it coming from the opposite direction turned in front of him.

Our driver swerved as quickly as he could but couldn't miss the trailer. The police arrived and arrested the drunk on the spot.

The ONLY people who felt our driver did anything wrong was UPS management. He was charged with a tier 3 and fired because it supposedly costs our center like 40 k.

It is just insane. It didn't really cost UPS anything. He got his job back three days later but it tells you a lot about the company.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This is a perfect example of why I have a job insurance policy.
The antiquated qualifying dollar amount in Art. 17, as well as these type of outrageous allegations of dishonesty in regards to "serious accidents", puts us all in the position where we should protect ourselves.
The policy I have has also protected me in other situations.
Don't think it wont happen to me.
Don't wait till it's too late.
Feel free to PM for details.

wow, really? ok well let me go back to the we can't afford doughnuts because we pay drivers too much and they are always in hit and run accidents that "arn't their fault" argument. no wonder customers are complaining if they come outside and there is a scrape the same color as a package car down the side of their parked vehicle.

she would get her job back....but she told the DM to friend off...so hopefully not.

oh yeah, but the DM is a jerk, soooooo that must make him worthless and clueless. Do you all realize what a position it puts UPS in everytime there is an accident - sure she might have not known, but for every 1 that really was not known, there are 50 that drivers are lying about it.
If management would stop giving us 10 and 11 hour planned days, they would not have to pay us so much and you would have more money for doughnuts for the customers. Just a thought.

QKRSTKR

Very sorry this happend to you. There is language in our local supp. that states failure to not report an accident the driver should have had knowledge of. So if you barely touched this car, didn't feel anything or had knowledge of, you did nothing wrong. Telling DM to friend off wasn't smart though.

If you go to a panel, it's real simple. Union is your defender. Company labor manager is prosecutor. Panel has a equal number of company and union people on it. Usually consist of 4 or 6 members. Company presents its case first, union rebuts, panel asks questions. All leave room except panel. They discuss it. 3 possible outcomes. You get job back. (yea), Unions position is denied. Or it gets deadlocked to next step. So basically someone from the company side has to agree to give you job back along with the union people on panel, or vice versa, union person goes companys way to hold termination. If that 's the case, your done. End of greivance procedure.

Hopefully it gets resolved before going to a panel. Good luck.

bigbrownhen

I also don't have words of advice. Just encouragement. Sorry you are in such a jam. Hope you get your job back.

All in all, it's a sad example of our current work enviornment.

brownedout

wow, really? ok well let me go back to the we can't afford doughnuts because we pay drivers too much and they are always in hit and run accidents that "arn't their fault" argument. no wonder customers are complaining if they come outside and there is a scrape the same color as a package car down the side of their parked vehicle.

she would get her job back....but she told the DM to friend off...so hopefully not.

oh yeah, but the DM is a jerk, soooooo that must make him worthless and clueless. Do you all realize what a position it puts UPS in everytime there is an accident - sure she might have not known, but for every 1 that really was not known, there are 50 that drivers are lying about it.
The perfect "sales pitch" : Our drivers are overpaid, can't drive, foul-mouthed, liers, and cry-babies,so can I sign you on as a new account.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

SOCKS
I knew it was him.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I'd rather have a nice Pizza.
she would get her job back....but she told the DM to friend off...so hopefully not. I probably would have said worse!

oh yeah, but the DM is a jerk, soooooo that must make him worthless and clueless.
Thank you for admitting.

Do you all realize what a position it puts UPS in everytime there is an accident - sure she might have not known, but for every 1 that really was not known, there are 50 that drivers are lying about it.
Nice assumption. Kinda like assuming sales people are worthless because we have too many stops to deliver as it is.
Or, all managers are paid do-nothing buffoons. Or, all DM's are bipolar like ours is. Shall I continue?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Nice assumption. Kinda like assuming sales people are worthless because we have too many stops to deliver as it is.
Or, all managers are paid do-nothing buffoons. Or, all DM's are bipolar like ours is. Shall I continue?
You had me at "sales people are worthless"....

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
not gone forever, you'd like that too much.

no i just went to cook dinner.

8 years, accident free - and i'd say I drive at least 150 miles per day for UPS.

Whoopee!
Over 200 miles a day here and no accidents in 28 years. You have a long ways to go!

Now get out there and do your job selling our services so I can work 60 hours a week. Just don't ask for my help with sales leads as I don't actually have time to give service to my customers.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
Now get out there and do your job selling our services so I can work 60 hours a week. Just don't ask for my help with sales leads as I don't actually have time to give service to my customers.
Yep, I turned in my last sales lead about 8 years ago. I've got way too much work to do already.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
90% of the folks on here are cool.

10% are bad apples who are only happy (if ever) when complaining about UPS and blaming someone else for their problems/expectation to work at 100% capacity.

it's unfortunate that those 10% make 90% of the posts on here.

and for the record, UPS gets in as much trouble if I kill someone on the road as if one of you do - so safety is a major concern for me as well. being honest is all we have at our company.

it's also amazing that you all continue to pick a fight with the ONE job function at UPS that gets paid based on performance.

raceanoncr

10% are bad apples who are only happy (if ever) when complaining about UPS and blaming someone else for their problems/expectation to work at 100% capacity.

and for the record, UPS gets in as much trouble if I kill someone on the road as if one of you do - so safety is a major concern for me as well. being honest is all we have at our company.

it's also amazing that you all continue to pick a fight with the ONE job function at UPS that gets paid based on performance.

What an arrogant statement! UPSsales, I find that most of the posts on here are from conscientious, hardworking people that are truly trying to give/make service and uphold the company name. In return, most of the posters on here are being trounced upon by the company for the most ridiculous of reasons. Take your pick. A blade of grass upturned is a chargeable accident, hitting a deer, getting hit from behind...the list goes on.

These people drive in all kinds of conditions with a big box that is HOT, NOISY, UNCOMFORTABLE, SOMETIMES BROKEN, WITH A LOAD OF CRAP THAT IS STACKED FLOOR TO CEILING/FRONT TO BACK. And YOU have the gaul to say you drive 150 miles a day...IN YOUR CAR/with air conditioning/radio/power brakes/steering/full vision, etc. for 8, COUNT EM EIGHT years with no accident! MY! I wish!

And you're the ONLY job at UPS that gets paid based on performance? Judging from my last 10 years here, you ain't makin very much, are you!

HOW DO YOU DO IT? 8 years? Accident free? 150 miles per day?

Is there a Circle of Honor for sales people? There should be!

I`ve pulled off driving 100+ miles a day for the last 25 years just going to and from work. They should hand us out jackets just for that.

Re-Raise

You have embarrassed 100% of the sales force.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
mayeb its just 90% of the people when I post

either way, you guys suck ass to conversate with.

Here's an honest question. Why do you sell UPS Services when it seems like so many other sales jobs are so cushy? You are selling an over-priced product with a decreasing level of service due to the way operations is run. Wouldn't selling booze or pharma be better?