discharged for dishonesty

browniehound

Sorry this happened and sounds like you made an honest mistake. You also asked for advice and this is the best I can give you: don't tell the DM to go friend himself. There is no way that would help your case in any way. Its OK to think it, just don't say it, LOL.

raceanoncr

mayeb its just 90% of the people when I post

either way, you guys suck ass to conversate with.

You keep doing it! What an uneducated comment to make.

God help us and UPS if you treat your customers the same way. "If you give us this account, I can't guarantee that you get your packages or we pick them up because our drivers are the laziest, whiniest, dumbest people on the face of the earth".

705red

Browncafe Steward
Laura, as I have told others in the past on here, do not go into too much detail of your case here. This site is monitored regularly by management and you dont need to slip up and type something by accident that you didnt mean to say. PM me and I will walk you through the process and explain how it works. Peoples posts on here have been used my management in their cases.

Overpaid Union Thug

You keep doing it! What an uneducated comment to make.God help us and UPS if you treat your customers the same way. "If you give us this account, I can't guarantee that you get your packages or we pick them up because our drivers are the laziest, whiniest, dumbest people on the face of the earth".
I wouldn't take anything a "sales rep" from UPS says seriously. If he is anything like the rep in our area he probably has little or no contact with customers anyway. Does "contacted customer: left message" ring a bell? LOL! And when you ask later ask that customer if ANYONE from the UPS sales ever left a message they say no.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
8 years, lost one account on price, another when I took it over and the customer said "if only you'd been here last year". Won $1.2 validated this year. 400k of that was on a driver lead. Toot toot my own horn. I treat people like I'm treated. And I honestly thought conversate was a word. Oh well. It's Saturday. Let's drink.

Re-Raise

I don't think Laura , the original poaster on this thread, is any mood to enjoy a drink.

While you are patting yourself on the back I am worried about a fellow WORKING employee having their job threatened.

When you sell an account you are selling OUR service. You didn't win anything.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
1) I don't think Laura , the original poaster on this thread, is any mood to enjoy a drink.

2) While you are patting yourself on the back I am worried about a fellow WORKING employee having their job threatened.

3) When you sell an account you are selling OUR service. You didn't win anything.

1) I would if I were in her position.

2) Word of advice from an older UPSer - Don't worry about things you can't control. Life is so much more enjoyable once you learn that.

3) Semantics - that's what it's called at UPS. Just like a pitcher in baseball doesn't really win the game but that's what it's called.

If I didn't know better, I would think you don't like UPSSalesguy. :wink2:

Re-Raise

If I didn't know better, I would think you don't like UPSSalesguy. :wink2:

I don't know anything about him except what he posts here. I have a problem with the things he posts.

As far as worrying about the original poster, it is this troublesome personality flaw I have called empathy. It doesn't affect me personally if she loses her job, but I can imagine how it must feel to be in her position.

Unfortunately empathy doesn't seem to be real high on the list of attributes UPS looks for in their managers or their salespeople.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
As far as worrying about the original poster, it is this troublesome personality flaw I have called empathy. It doesn't affect me personally if she loses her job, but I can imagine how it must feel to be in her position.

Unfortunately empathy doesn't seem to be real high on the list of attributes UPS looks for in their managers or their salespeople.

I think they are trained to say "I understand how you feel but ..."

C

chuchu

I feel you would get your job back. It takes a long time to train a driver and without sounding politically incorrect, we don't have many drivers that aren't male so you are in a good spot. Be calm in the hearings ( as much as possible ) and apologize for the hard words if you haven't already. By the way, there is less stress outside the company than inside. I know the job pays well but it is very stressful working for hateful people everyday. No matter what happens, you will do well because it wasn't UPS that made you a good worker. We make good employees in spite of UPS management and the hateful working conditions we have to endure every day.

raceanoncr

Where do all these posters go? The ones that have a serious problem, ask for advice, then disappear? It's been almost a week now, with 10 pages devoted to helping her and no response.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Winning accounts is a team win, but in competitive situations, the sales person is critical. Ups does not agree and they are getting their lunch eaten by someone in a purple tie.

DS

Fenderbender
Laura,I'm not saying you hit anything,but once I turned right and thought I actually did make contact with the car beside me with my tailswing.I got out of the truck and made eye contact with the guy,long story short,he called in later to say I hit him.
3 day suspension .Listen to RED,pm him,he can really help.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------PART 2---------
Ups does not agree and they are getting their lunch eaten by someone in a purple tie.
Is that code?
A purple and green tie?
Maybe they are hiring:wink2:

I also suspect that none of us drivers actually have to suck ass.
We don't wear ties.
I like you,I even put you in my crossword,but you get so gnarly.
Please watch your language,you are getting a bit too personal with your opinions.

Last edited:

whiskey

I wish I had a nickel for every hit and run i've had. Don't fret. You'll get your job back. And when you do, please slow down, and stop to smell the roses. So what if your paid over an hour. Running scratch didn't get you anywhere. Did it?

ibleedbrown

boy it sure does seem like we are working for the dark side!! a mean old cold hearted giant like wal-mart. at least we have a union, great benefits and weekends off. if it makes anyone feel better i know plenty of people in other jobs that are hating their jobs at an all time high as well. oh yeah, ups is supposed to announce their quarterly earnings next tuesday, lets go see how many billions darth vader and company made this financial quarter! hell they had us part timers start an extra 15 minutes later than usual, saving on labor go figure. maybe they made less then expected profits. bah humbug!!!!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Where do all these posters go? The ones that have a serious problem, ask for advice, then disappear? It's been almost a week now, with 10 pages devoted to helping her and no response.
I would hope that she took the advice of a couple posters to stop talking about her pending arbitration on the internet. Believe me I'm as curious as you are, but the truth is that it's a very bad idea to be spilling your guts on a public message board when your job in on the line.

DS

Fenderbender
I would hope that she took the advice of a couple posters to stop talking about her pending arbitration on the internet. Believe me I'm as curious as you are, but the truth is that it's a very bad idea to be spilling your guts on a public message board when your job in on the line.
Only if they know who she is.