Discharged

barnyard

KTM rider
Why wouldn't you scan it?

I used to never scan RS packages. Those scans used to not be trackable or any of that. Once it was changed that RS packages could be tracked from the special counts menu, I started scanning them. Until 4-5 years ago, I would routinely have 2-6 packages in my wagon with no scan. If someone handed me one, I would toss it in back and go on my merry way.

Since the apartment snafu, I always scan RSs.

Upser949

If what you say is 100% true, somewhere the resident must have a tracking number from us or Fedx. If you indeed picked it back up and had one of our labels, it could have ended up back in the system but even at that, there should be some way to locate it. Even if the package did not have one of our labels, it should have still went to overgoods where the contents and container description would have been noted.
Ya they checked it and wasn’t there, I don’t know man the whole things a mess.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Ya kinda have that feeling :/ I might have taken it, but I didn’t “steal it”

A printer?? You know you can get one for like $40 nowadays...

Something is off here. Unless it is scheduled or the customer asks me to my face I go out of my way to NOT pick up packages....and even then I double check the ups label on it. Just saying.

I used to never scan RS packages. Those scans used to not be trackable or any of that. Once it was changed that RS packages could be tracked from the special counts menu, I started scanning them. Until 4-5 years ago, I would routinely have 2-6 packages in my wagon with no scan. If someone handed me one, I would toss it in back and go on my merry way.
If we get one at a regular pick up stop we don't scan them, we just add to to the piece count.
If you get an RS/ARS package at any other delivery stop or if someone hands it to you it needs scanned

FYI something I didn't know until recently , Amazon issues the customer a credit for a returned package once we scan it.

myback

I might have done something similar a while back... I delivered to an apartment office and there was a printer on the floor with an RS label on it. I grabbed it, scanned it and put it with my pickup pieces. Turned out, the printer was delivered by DHL and the company put the RS label on the outside because DHL would not return something with a UPS label.

Even though I scanned it as an RS, at that time, UPS did not tie or track special counts packages to individual drivers. It was kind of a cluster, but the customer did eventually get their printer back.

Upser949

A printer?? You know you can get one for like $40 nowadays...

Something is off here. Unless it is scheduled or the customer asks me to my face I go out of my way to NOT pick up packages....and even then I double check the ups label on it. Just saying.
Like I said I must have been zoning out, it’s pretty typical for people to leave returns outside, I wouldn’t risk my job for a printer.....heck I don’t even use a printer

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If what you say is 100% true, somewhere the resident must have a tracking number from us or Fedx. If you indeed picked it back up and had one of our labels, it could have ended up back in the system but even at that, there should be some way to locate it. Even if the package did not have one of our labels, it should have still went to overgoods where the contents and container description would have been noted.
If the co. wants them gone, the package will stay "missing".

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
tenor (17).gif

Last edited: