Discharges, panel outcomes, local hearing reference library

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I have been wondering why a log of every discipline concern outcome heard by the union is not made and available for all to research. I know it would amount to a huge amount of paperwork, but it would also show blatant irregularities and outcomes for similar infractions. It would be a great resource for good stewards and employees as well

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I have been wondering why a log of every discipline concern outcome heard by the union is not made and available for all to research. I know it would amount to a huge amount of paperwork, but it would also show blatant irregularities and outcomes for similar infractions. It would be a great resource for good stewards and employees as well
It already exists, but there are only so many secret decoder rings available.
secretdecoderring_zpsc73b6fee.jpg

Isn't that what you wanted? To get a copy of that you have to have a case at panel (so I hear). However they should be made more easily available to all members who want them.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

There are stenographers that record all panel discussions/decisions on the local/area/state/national levels. There's also a national panel case CD that IBT distributes to the business agents nationwide.

There's really very little reason that this information isn't made more accessible to the membership. While every case is different and I can see a member facing a termination try to cite a case with different circumstances and try to undermine their BA, this is such a small "risk" that it shouldn't preclude this information being more publicly available.

The company already has this information (along with every Memorandum of Understanding, grievance settlements, etc etc.) and actually does as good (if not better) a job of cataloging/indexing it and making it available to their labor managers.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
There are stenographers that record all panel discussions/decisions on the local/area/state/national levels. There's also a national panel case CD that IBT distributes to the business agents nationwide.
At the Ohio Panel, I kid you not, they still use a 1980's analog cassette recorder.
I always have to hold back my laughter when they stop the hearing to flip the cassette over and go back on the record. SMH

5habits100

There's really very little reason that this information isn't made more accessible to the membership. While every case is different and I can see a member facing a termination try to cite a case with different circumstances and try to undermine their BA, this is such a small "risk" that it shouldn't preclude this information being more publicly available.

The company already has this information (along with every Memorandum of Understanding, grievance settlements, etc etc.) and actually does as good (if not better) a job of cataloging/indexing it and making it available to their labor managers.
There is not a stenographer or recorder at the National.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I have been wondering why a log of every discipline concern outcome heard by the union is not made and available for all to research.

Make an appointment with your Local BA.

Or, get elected in to office.

Don't be lazy.

I know it would amount to a huge amount of paperwork

Who's willing to pay for it ?

It would also show blatant irregularities and outcomes for similar infractions.

That's an assumption.... on your part.

You can't compare cases.

"Based on the facts presented" means just that.

There's also a national panel case CD that IBT distributes to the business agents nationwide.

I've posted pics of them before. ;)

Everyone has the info.

The company, just makes it look pretty.

At the Ohio Panel, I kid you not, they still use a 1980's analog cassette recorder.
I always have to hold back my laughter when they stop the hearing to flip the cassette over and go back on the record.

Someone.... adept with technology (like yourself)

Should have just asserted your "intellectual" dominance, by laughing.

What could go wrong ?

All Discharge panels are corrupt!

I don't plan on ever finding out.

It takes a lot, to get fired from UPS.

But, then again....

We are gifted with some unique people.

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
There isn't a sitting arbitrator in Ohio. If it deadlocks it goes to JAC

Just to expound on that a little further....

Typically, only "white paper contracts" can have an arbitrator involved.

UPS, Freight, and Private Cartage, are involved with the Panel Systems.

-Bug-