Disrespectful coworker

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The next time he acted that way I would hook him up with 5 consecutive boxes that he needed to turn. If he melts down again I would apologize and send another 10 right away.

I've been called an instigator but sometimes you find people who deserve it.
Passive aggressive.

I love it!!!!!!

Probably not the guy with 5 air stops and time to waste. But probably the kid who doesn't know how to handle someone who curses and ask people on a forum how to handle it.
It's simple. Usually when a coworker starts mouthing off, you tell a supervisor and they take care of it. Duh. I learned that wasn't the case SO I went on here to see what options I had, if any. It easy to handle someone out on public, and in the workplace it's usually resolved by telling the supervisor. Why are you on here? To mouth off? Find something to do with your time besides troll someone on a forum. youre literally looking through forums and waiting for opportunities like this. That's all we need to know about you

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Hey I need some advice. I'm a sweeper and weak side pick off. There's this guy who is on low volume kick off and is an extreme loose cannon. 50 something years old as a pick off, I'd be mad too. There were jams really bad and as result there was belt-wide boxes coming down. Me and high volume do pretty good work, and the low volume guy shut the belt off and proceeded to screaming and use profanity because there was a box where he couldnt see the label. As humans mistakes happen and when it's crazy busy, obviously it's gonna happen. How do I handle this? I told my supervisor and she laughed and said "oh that's garret being garret". What options do I have to get this miserable guy to control himself? Other jobs I have had he would be in some serious trouble. Is this acceptable at UPS? I'm not too familiar with the culture. Keep in mind he was cussing at us and screaming to the top of his lungs, being very disrespectful. What do I gotta do? If I can even do anything? I'm a very thick skinned guy, train jiu jitsu and have very good self control, but any man can only take so much disrespect.

You were "disrespected" ??

That's an overused term.... by the millennial generation.

I'm a very thick skinned guy, train jiu jitsu and have very good self control, but any man can only take so much disrespect.

Use your "ultra ninja skills".

And just beat the :censored2: out of your UNION BROTHER.

Let me know.... how that works out.

You were "disrespected" ??

That's an overused term.... by the millennial generation.

Use your "ultra ninja skills".

And just beat the :censored2: out of your UNION BROTHER.

Let me know.... how that works out.
I agree, millennials have that term In every other sentence. Some crabby dude shutting the belt off the scream and cuss is disrespect though. Never said I was going to beat him up, that was out of self defense. It's really no big deal, I just don't like to be bullied and disrespected and short of punching a guy which isn't an option, kinda just exploring other ones. After looking at the responses I'm just gonna be a smart ass and send boxes down face down for the hell of it. And also yell back. Thanks for your input though, it was extremely valued

MAKAVELI

Considering what happened in San Francisco not too long ago, you might want to keep this whole situation in check.✌You also might want to let your supervisor know if he or she does nothing to stop this before it turns into something serious it will be all on them.

Ups has a ZERO tolerance policy towards violence.
You seem like you know your stuff. I dont have a ton of work experience, 3 jobs. When people are disrespectful, it's always taken care of from what I've seen in those other 3 jobs. At UPS, is it acceptable for a guy to cuss and scream? No repercussions? That's what I have been trying to find out on here. From what it looks like, it's seems people can just say whatever. Which if that's the case I'll just yell back

Considering what happened in San Francisco not too long ago, you might want to keep this whole situation in check.✌You also might want to let your supervisor know if he or she does nothing to stop this before it turns into something serious it will be all on them.
thats intense. This is just a mouthy coworker, and I wanted to know how to deal with it. Obviously a guy can ignore, but every one has only so much patience and don't like to be bullied. But ya this isn't big deal, that's kinda over the top.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It's simple. Usually when a coworker starts mouthing off, you tell a supervisor and they take care of it. Duh. I learned that wasn't the case SO I went on here to see what options I had, if any. It easy to handle someone out on public, and in the workplace it's usually resolved by telling the supervisor. Why are you on here? To mouth off? Find something to do with your time besides troll someone on a forum. youre literally looking through forums and waiting for opportunities like this. That's all we need to know about you

In his defense

You're making this way to easy

Brownslave688

You seem like you know your stuff. I dont have a ton of work experience, 3 jobs. When people are disrespectful, it's always taken care of from what I've seen in those other 3 jobs. At UPS, is it acceptable for a guy to cuss and scream? No repercussions? That's what I have been trying to find out on here. From what it looks like, it's seems people can just say whatever. Which if that's the case I'll just yell back

I would say it's certainly more acceptable at ups than your normal workplace. It's a face paced intense place to work at times. It's understandable people will lose their cool sometimes. However it's not acceptable for this to be happening regularly.

Whip some of those jiu jitsu moves out on him
I would say it's certainly more acceptable at ups than your normal workplace. It's a face paced intense place to work at times. It's understandable people will lose their cool sometimes. However it's not acceptable for this to be happening regularly.
I agree. It's very fast paced, most people can't hang. I have no issues with it. But ya this guy blows up at people probzavly a good three times a week. He blew up on me for the first time and I'm just not trying to have it reoccur. I can ignore him but im not a door mat. Are there any repercussions? Or am I stuck to just deal with this dude

Future

Victory Ride
I agree. It's very fast paced, most people can't hang. I have no issues with it. But ya this guy blows up at people probzavly a good three times a week. He blew up on me for the first time and I'm just not trying to have it reoccur. I can ignore him but im not a door mat. Are there any repercussions? Or am I stuck to just deal with this dude
Give him a look ... and carry on

Box Ox

Sounds like this 50 something guy is just the resident "old salty". The old seaboat captain that's at every location.

Or am I stuck to just deal with this dude

This guy and plenty of other people you'll wish would take a walk over a waterfall over the course of your life.

If he really is hugely blowing up at people, supervisors should be dealing with it. If they're not, poke your head in the office after your sort and let everybody know the hostile work environment needs to be dealt with or you'll have to call it in to corporate.

Brownslave688

Ignoring idiots like this doesn't make you a door mat.

I had a sup once that would just chew ass. He was looking for a rise out of people and fed off of that.

I always just ignored him or responded very calmly. He freaking hated that. He wanted people to argue with him.

Sounds like this 50 something guy is just the resident "old salty". The old seaboat captain that's at every location.

Couldn't be more accurate of a statement.

This guy and plenty of other people you'll wish would take a walk over a waterfall over the course of your life.

If he really is hugely blowing up at people, supervisors should be dealing with it. If they're not, poke your head in the office after your sort and let everybody know the hostile work environment needs to be dealt with or you'll have to call it in to corporate.
Thanks. Literally been waiting on this thread for a legitimate answer. Bunch of people with wayyyy too much time on their hands looking to troll. alright I'm outta here thanks again