Disrespectful coworker

UnconTROLLed

perfection
First of all, self-defense and martial arts are NOT something you should be "seeking" to use. It sounds like OP, you have that backwards. You should not be "happy to oblige"

Second also being trained in martial arts, I know never to underestimate the other person. Maybe this loose cannon is more skilled than you, who could pound your face into the concrete.

Third, what are you going to do when after choking out this co-worker, when six of his relatives show up in the parking lot surrounding you?

And lastly, why would you want to act like a middle-schooler and intentionally put labels down? Then, as brownslave said, you're giving them more ammo to thrive off of and MORE reason to scream and yell (and in this case, rightfully so, since the high picks are now sabotaging the operation)

There's enough middle school b.s. day and night with the gossip queens and everything else

grow up

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Try not to swear but give him crap right back...I'd give him a few upside down labels through the shift just to irritate him...or just laugh in his face when he starts screaming...that will piss him off even more

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Try not to swear but give him crap right back...I'd give him a few upside down labels through the shift just to irritate him...or just laugh in his face when he starts screaming...that will piss him off even more
Try to hold stuff back then flood him with volume!

Box Ox

or just laugh in his face when he starts screaming...that will piss him off even more

Counter-screaming incoherent stuff that's directed at absolutely nobody at 4am is pretty fun. And effective. Screamer one realizes they'll get a lion roar or something random back whenever they start blabbing. LOL

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Dookie, did we work the HVD together?

1989NW

Can't two employees still get fired for having a heated yelling match cursing at each other and calling names be close to blows but never touch each other?

watdaflock?

... the low volume guy shut the belt off and proceeded to screaming and use profanity because there was a box where he couldnt see the label. A....How do I handle this? .... What options do I have to get this miserable guy to control himself?.... Is this acceptable at UPS? .... Keep in mind he was cussing at us and screaming to the top of his lungs, being very disrespectful. What do I gotta do? If I can even do anything? I'm a very thick skinned guy, train jiu jitsu and have very good self control, but any man can only take so much disrespect.

Either tell the dude to chill out or, have some fun! Personally knowing he's so easy to piss off, I'd do it on purpose. Unless you fear him being another whack job Trump/NRA supporter, instigate him even more.

lol. imo- You need to become even more thick skinned and quit making threads about jerk coworkers.

I've been called an instigator but sometimes you find people who deserve it.
^ tada

upsgrunt

If someone took a swing at me in the building, or on route, I would let them connect and then go down like a wet sack of flour. Then I would start my shopping list.

Brisket

He seems pretty unstable. Just a miserable guy. He's kinda creepy too. He has been working there for 9 years so I don't think he'd risk anything. But if he swings on me, that is the BEST thing that could happen. I would be happy to oblige

Fall to the floor, make as much noise as possible, he will be the one looking in from the outside, do not reciprocate. ( Now if it's outside work ...)

Kidding!