Disrespectful coworker

PT Car Washer

The simple answer, if your sort is large enough, is to not have you two work together. This stuff happens all the time and seldom results in anyone losing their job just as long as there is not a long history.

^ Yep. I had an issue with a coworker. I brought it to management and said I'd be a better worker if I wasn't around this employee. We got separated. My numbers went up, his didn't. I'm happier and I don't get distracted by his poor workmanship. I think they're gonna DQ him honestly, and I don't want any of that fallout.

putrefaction

He's an old man who's stuck in his ways because management lets him do whatever he wants. He won't change. Maybe you can complain and pick off another belt.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Hey I need some advice. I'm a sweeper and weak side pick off. There's this guy who is on low volume kick off and is an extreme loose cannon. 50 something years old as a pick off, I'd be mad too. There were jams really bad and as result there was belt-wide boxes coming down. Me and high volume do pretty good work, and the low volume guy shut the belt off and proceeded to screaming and use profanity because there was a box where he couldnt see the label. As humans mistakes happen and when it's crazy busy, obviously it's gonna happen. How do I handle this? I told my supervisor and she laughed and said "oh that's garret being garret". What options do I have to get this miserable guy to control himself? Other jobs I have had he would be in some serious trouble. Is this acceptable at UPS? I'm not too familiar with the culture. Keep in mind he was cussing at us and screaming to the top of his lungs, being very disrespectful. What do I gotta do? If I can even do anything? I'm a very thick skinned guy, train jiu jitsu and have very good self control, but any man can only take so much disrespect.

Contact your shop steward and notify him of the Article 37(Master Contract) violation and let him know that you hope he will be able to correct the issue so you can avoid having to file a grievance report.

Document What you say and what he says he is going to do about it at the time of your discussion.

Should be an easy fix fraternally speaking.

The last sentence of Article 37 Section 1 (a) states
"Employees will also treat each other as well as the Employer with dignity and respect"

Let me know how you make out!

I

If you wanna see a loader get real mad, run the split.. If you see any packages of his with HIN's on plastic or tape, wipe sweat or oil off your skin so you can smudge it. The ones on cardboard you can scratch out gently and remove the top layer of fuzz. Better yet, if you have a cold drink with condensation on it, use that so no one sees you doing anything.

Every car they get, they'll have no idea where to put it, and will lose it when a stack appears, cuz ain't no scanner important enough to come their way. Soon they'll be stacked out losing their minds.

^ I don't recommend this but I know it's been done haha.