Divorce and the Pension

old levi's

blank space
I'm the spouse of a force-retired UPS manager. We were married 29 years so I get half of everything of everything but because it's pension and 401K money, we had to pay 1,100 to have it audited by a private law firm. Has anyone had any experience in this area? How long does it take? We're divorced since January 4 land I still have no money....what takes UPS so long to audit our Plans?

Show me the money!

Just 29 years, that's rookie level.

old levi's

blank space
Forgive my error, 10 years a driver, enough to draw $346 a month in driver pension. He went into management to get outta the small town and divorce his first ex-wife and abandon his two biological daughters (who disowned him in 2000 when they were in their 40's)! Plus the money and the ego rush. He should have stayed a driver....never was a good manager, hence, the "bust" down to supervisor which he didn't accept. Crazy.

You are the second wife, were you shagging him while he was still married?

cachmeifucan

It's the law but why do you feel entitled to something he worked for if he was so bad and your probably perfect leave him alone and his money. Upsers worst nightmare work your whole life supporting ungrateful people only to be forced to give up everything. Prenuptial

badpal

We are 62 and UPS man will be 65 in July. Pension money must be "audited" in divorce cases to ensure no monkey business. Had to hire a private firm to send to UPS Retirement office....lawyers wouldn't do it due to tough penalties if something goes wrong....then evidently it's a IRS nightmare. It takes forever because every time someone touches it it has to go back to the courts also to ensure I, the UPS ex wife, is getting my share accordingly. Don't get divorced in retirement.....NOT worth it-- except I am loving my life away from the old man who literally thought he was the brick and mortar of UPS. He had 37 years, 20 as a driver, and only $4000 a month pension to show for it. Sad. My advice to new employees, don't let them brainwash you--it will ruin your health and happiness.
Guess a social security split comes into play too, and maybe ex wife number one getting a cut of it all too. Well guess all you can do is wait until the experts get it all figured out.

Future

Victory Ride
I'm the spouse of a force-retired UPS manager. We were married 29 years so I get half of everything of everything but because it's pension and 401K money, we had to pay 1,100 to have it audited by a private law firm. Has anyone had any experience in this area? How long does it take? We're divorced since January 4 land I still have no money....what takes UPS so long to audit our Plans?
Sooooooo r you available?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
seen_my_ex_wife_working_at_subway._7249125228.jpg

Turdferguson

Just a turd
vqMqkCB.gif