Divorce and the Pension

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Forgive my error, 10 years a driver, enough to draw $346 a month in driver pension. He went into management to get outta the small town and divorce his first ex-wife and abandon his two biological daughters (who disowned him in 2000 when they were in their 40's)! Plus the money and the ego rush. He should have stayed a driver....never was a good manager, hence, the "bust" down to supervisor which he didn't accept. Crazy.

Typical...

clean hairy

Forgive my error, 10 years a driver, enough to draw $346 a month in driver pension. He went into management to get outta the small town and divorce his first ex-wife and abandon his two biological daughters (who disowned him in 2000 when they were in their 40's)! Plus the money and the ego rush. He should have stayed a driver....never was a good manager, hence, the "bust" down to supervisor which he didn't accept. Crazy.
How old is he at this point in time?

Shiftless

He will be 65 in July. Forced out ten years ago.

Just curious what he did since he left UPS 10 years ago? Has he worked or did he become increasingly upset he was let go since you state "NOT worth it-- except I am loving my life away from the old man who literally thought he was the brick and mortar of UPS." No one is that importante at UPS!

JD1988

Thanks for relating to my life with a narcissistic Ex UPS man. I, too, finally got my divorce and am enjoying life after 39 years of misery. He basically went crazy when they told him he was "busted"....He could never accept a demotion so chose to retire....I truly believe that's how UPS gets rid of excess pension baggage. He immediately blamed me for everything in his life, disowned me, isolated me from family and friends, then started drinking and bar hopping. He has a seasonal part time job with baseball stadium giving tours, otherwise draws social security and pension. He couldn't control me thru family so started in on removing me from financial stuff, then the courts thru divorce. Narcissism knows no boundaries. At the same time stalking me to maintain that control. I moved out of state to get away. His own daughters have a restraining order against him...and he has seven grandchildren he will never know. I hope for him that the 37 years he put in were truly worth it, and that the "building" will comfort him on his deathbed.