Divorce and the Pension

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Married people live longer.

And it also gives you a purpose in life.

These Are the Reasons Married People Live Longer
Animals in the zoo also live longer than ones in the wild but.... they live in a zoo.

Another important thing to note about studies like that is that they take guys like me who thrive in solitude and can make our own purposes in life and lump us in with lonely single guys, divorcees, and widows. Definitely not the same thing.

twoweeled

I dunno bout that. I think we tend to notice them more.
Ask around. The key of course, is to ask when the parties are apart. You don't want to ask this question right in front of their executioner! No fair asking at the Church Bingo party either! Make sure they aren't newly weds either! At least 20 years married to each other. Let me know what your responses are. I'm curious.

Animals in the zoo also live longer than ones in the wild but.... they live in a zoo.

Another important thing to note about studies like that is that they take guys like me who thrive in solitude and can make our own purposes in life and lump us in with lonely single guys, divorcees, and widows. Definitely not the same thing.
I can only tell you this. It's not always peaches and cream bit it's sire nice to come home to someone that loves you and cares about you.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I can only tell you this. It's not always peaches and cream bit it's sire nice to come home to someone that loves you and cares about you.
Jack-My-Happy-Dog.jpg

twoweeled

I think that's the key. That loving and caring rarely seems to stay at the same level as the beginning (the Honey Moon stages). Then the house just isn't as clean as it was the first 7-10 years. The same love acts start falling off the edge because she's tired now and doesn't like that anymore. The check your bringing home is still the same (maybe gettting better). The house you furnish is still the same if not getting better. But Her end starts to , , , , poop out. putt putt putt,,,

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
To be closer to ages -- youngest was 21 oldest was 29 or so....can't recall exactly since they are my stepdaughter. He was married at 16. He was star quarterback in tiny high school who got the cheerleader pregnant.
Heheheee!

Sorry, that is funny!

This poor guy doesn't get to tell his side of the story. What if a lot of this is incorrect except who you're talking about?

So what did you find out? Looks like June 5th you quit posting.

Last edited:

twoweeled

Simple question for any and all who care to contribute.
If the Great Wizard waved his mighty wand and proclaimed; "All divorces filed in the next month, will be financially settled by.
1. You leave with what you came with.
2. You take what you contributed.
3.expenses during marriage will be split down the middle. If you didn't have enough income to cover your half of expenses, you will pay monthly to the other party to reimburse your half.

Do you think divorces filings for this month would:
1. Stay the same?
2. Go through the roof?

I think that's the key. That loving and caring rarely seems to stay at the same level as the beginning (the Honey Moon stages). Then the house just isn't as clean as it was the first 7-10 years. The same love acts start falling off the edge because she's tired now and doesn't like that anymore. The check your bringing home is still the same (maybe gettting better). The house you furnish is still the same if not getting better. But Her end starts to , , , , poop out. putt putt putt,,,
I'm not getting any younger or skinnier myself...

Indecisi0n

My condolences to you. Being married to a center manager must be the ultimate hell on Earth. Take him for everything hes worth--plus more.
I picture most of these hot head center manager taking it from their wife's at home if you know what I mean.

Smashmouth

Simple question for any and all who care to contribute.
If the Great Wizard waved his mighty wand and proclaimed; "All divorces filed in the next month, will be financially settled by.
1. You leave with what you came with.
2. You take what you contributed.
3.expenses during marriage will be split down the middle. If you didn't have enough income to cover your half of expenses, you will pay monthly to the other party to reimburse your half.

Do you think divorces filings for this month would:
1. Stay the same?
2. Go through the roof?

Depends on the demographic I would guess. If there were a a lot of people where the contributions to the marriage were lopsided and someone was going to have to pay, I bet many would just suck it up and stay married.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Ask around. The key of course, is to ask when the parties are apart. You don't want to ask this question right in front of their executioner! No fair asking at the Church Bingo party either! Make sure they aren't newly weds either! At least 20 years married to each other. Let me know what your responses are. I'm curious.
If you're in a bad marriage you're gonna be unhappy, that's no secret. The unhappiest guys I know are all in lousy marriages, but by the same token the happiest people I know are all in good marriages. Marriage itself isn't the problem, it's marrying the wrong person for the wrong reasons.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
This has been very telling to me also. When speaking quietly and independently (apart from spouse) to married people. The subject will some up. Virtually everyone says the same thing; "if I were to be single, I would not marry again". To me, that says a lot. Just doesn't sound like married life is the way to go anymore. Something has changed? I can't recall one person, saying they would marry again. Not one!!

It totally depends on who your married to

2nd time around I found a good one