Divorce and the Pension

IESucks

I'm the spouse of a force-retired UPS manager. We were married 29 years so I get half of everything of everything but because it's pension and 401K money, we had to pay 1,100 to have it audited by a private law firm. Has anyone had any experience in this area? How long does it take? We're divorced since January 4 land I still have no money....what takes UPS so long to audit our Plans?
Congratulations...another stupid question to a bunch of drivers

wilberforce15

Forgive my error, 10 years a driver, enough to draw $346 a month in driver pension. He went into management to get outta the small town and divorce his first ex-wife and abandon his two biological daughters (who disowned him in 2000 when they were in their 40's)! Plus the money and the ego rush. He should have stayed a driver....never was a good manager, hence, the "bust" down to supervisor which he didn't accept. Crazy.

The only thing crazier than that is the woman who would marry him. You should get nothing.

twoweeled

And he had 2 daughters that dis-owned him in 2000 when they were in their forties?
Yuh gotta take a divorced wife's rants who hasn't scored any money, with a lotta salt. I'm taking a wild guess here, but he's story might be a little different and have information we're not seeing here. It's just a guess!
I could be wrong, but I doubt it. :innocent:

twoweeled

We are 62 and UPS man will be 65 in July. Pension money must be "audited" in divorce cases to ensure no monkey business. Had to hire a private firm to send to UPS Retirement office....lawyers wouldn't do it due to tough penalties if something goes wrong....then evidently it's a IRS nightmare. It takes forever because every time someone touches it it has to go back to the courts also to ensure I, the UPS ex wife, is getting my share accordingly. Don't get divorced in retirement.....NOT worth it-- except I am loving my life away from the old man who literally thought he was the brick and mortar of UPS. He had 37 years, 20 as a driver, and only $4000 a month pension to show for it. Sad. My advice to new employees, don't let them brainwash you--it will ruin your health and happiness.
I have some advice to men reading this.
1. Do you really think it's a good idea to get married now? LMAO !
2. He's only bring $4000 a month pension to show for it, and she's complaining. How much pension money do you think she's bringing to the party?

Better think twice men, this could be your bride, after 29 years of Nirvana.

Shiftless

Are there any benefits to being married any more? I have been married over 41 years and both my wife and I agree on "why get married anymore". There is generally very little stigma not being married anymore.
One of our kids recently got divorced. The thought of ever getting married again isnt even in their vocabulary anymore.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I have some advice to men reading this.
1. Do you really think it's a good idea to get married now? LMAO !
2. He's only bring $4000 a month pension to show for it, and she's complaining. How much pension money do you think she's bringing to the party?

Better think twice men, this could be your bride, after 29 years of Nirvana.
"But mine would never do that." Lmfao!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Are there any benefits to being married any more? I have been married over 41 years and both my wife and I agree on "why get married anymore". There is generally very little stigma not being married anymore.
One of our kids recently got divorced. The thought of ever getting married again isnt even in their vocabulary anymore.
Economic benefits like shared property, taxes, health insurance, etc.

Married people live longer.

And it also gives you a purpose in life.

These Are the Reasons Married People Live Longer

twoweeled

This has been very telling to me also. When speaking quietly and independently (apart from spouse) to married people. The subject will some up. Virtually everyone says the same thing; "if I were to be single, I would not marry again". To me, that says a lot. Just doesn't sound like married life is the way to go anymore. Something has changed? I can't recall one person, saying they would marry again. Not one!!

twoweeled

Married people live longer.

And it also gives you a purpose in life.

These Are the Reasons Married People Live Longer

I know what your saying is true, but I have to ask myself.
"Would I rather live a week in Disneyland, or Eternity in Death Valley without water??"

18eryzairn23sjpg.jpg

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
This has been very telling to me also. When speaking quietly and independently (apart from spouse) to married people. The subject will some up. Virtually everyone says the same thing; "if I were to be single, I would not marry again". To me, that says a lot. Just doesn't sound like married life is the way to go anymore. Something has changed? I can't recall one person, saying they would marry again. Not one!!
It sounds like you talk to a lot of unhappily married people.