Divorce in Retirement

Divorce after UPS -- smarter to stay married?

• Yes

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Does anyone have any "updates" on division of my UPS retirement and 401K and stock options in divorce. How about benefits awarded to ex-spouse. What percentage will I have to share!?? I have 37 years in and was forced out nine years ago (management position). Decided to divorce before 10-year deal expires next year.
Divorce? Wait until her lawyer gets involved!

giphy.gif

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Does anyone have any "updates" on division of my UPS retirement and 401K and stock options in divorce. How about benefits awarded to ex-spouse. What percentage will I have to share!?? I have 37 years in and was forced out nine years ago (management position). Decided to divorce before 10-year deal expires next year.
Omg ask ur lawyer as it depends on all your assets as a couple. Smh

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Why'd ya get "forced" out

rod

Retired 22 years
I was serious. Assuming you've been married for the better part of thirty years, why give up now?

Because you might want the next 30 to be (what's the words I'm looking for?) less stressful--happier--less restrictive--??? P.S. none of these apply in my case ------------------------------------------------enough to seek a divorce anyway.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Because you might want the next 30 to be (what's the words I'm looking for?) less stressful--happier--less restrictive--??? P.S. none of these apply in my case ------------------------------------------------enough to seek a divorce anyway.
I get that. But why wait that long?