Divorce in Retirement

Divorce after UPS -- smarter to stay married?

• Yes

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

rod

Retired 22 years
I am sure your wife was overwhelmed with joy when she found out you would be hanging around all day.

I hear that is a problem with lots of guys when they retire. The wives just aren't happy seeing the old man relaxing for a change. My wife retired a year before I did ( pissed me off) and she was only 48. After dealing with each other for over 16 years of retirement now we pretty much don't give a :censored2: if one or both of us does nothing all day. (she's better at doing "nothing" than I am). I like to at least get out of the house once a day.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I hear that is a problem with lots of guys when they retire. The wives just aren't happy seeing the old man relaxing for a change. My wife retired a year before I did ( :censored2: me off) and she was only 48. After dealing with each other for over 16 years of retirement now we pretty much don't give a :censored2: if one or both of us does nothing all day. (she's better at doing "nothing" than I am). I like to at least get out of the house once a day.
That's the problem now days. Everyone competing to see how busy they can be. I have no problem doing nothing.