Do the majority of UPS employees(the package handlers in particular) really hate their jobs...

WorknLateHuh

I've been working as a preloader for 6 months now and I have to say that I do quite enjoy it. It has gotten me into great shape and I met some good people. Yes it is hard work and that's the reason people dislike it but if you couldn't figure that out before getting hired than you can only blame yourself.

you know the saying, "Misery loves company"? Well, that seems to be the main focus at this site. You're not going to fit in here with your "positive" vibes and you appreciating your job and all. Let us drown in our sorrows please, thanks

Cementups

Box Monkey
I'm in the minority it seems in my center. I've been here 23 years and I really like my job. One guy was complaining about stress one day. I said, "What stress?!?" And he was like, from here!!! I said "Dude, any stress you have here, you bring on yourself. Your job is simple. You deliver packages, you pickup pages, you go home. It really is that easy. Compared to having a 'real job' and have to worry about meetings and reports and other BS. Or to even being a cop like my brother where he is a cop 24 hours a day. That's stress." He sat there dumbfounded for a minute and says, "i never really thought about it like that."

Even now I have a route and have a good dispatcher and customers that help me on days I need help. I rarely work more than 42-43 hours/week and I am able to coach my daughters 12u softball team. After spring softball I think I'm going to make the transition to feeders and see how the other half lives. Yes, I will have to work a lot more hours but I certainly won't have to work harder. Quite the opposite.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
I swear you guys are the biggest bunch of babies ever.

No college education and make 100k+ a year delivering packages. Full paid benefits and pension,401k if you want. Union job security.

"But, but, but I have to carry a few heavy boxes up a flight of stairs maybe once a day"

How about the 50+ year old guys that do roofing, masonry, and framing who don't touch that pay or benefits and never complain about their job or their back hurting after a hard days work. In the cooler months do you guys even break a sweat?