Do TSG Techs get tuition reimbursement?

djbeckett

Do TSG techs get tuition reimbursement?
What is the current starting pay per hour for an employee that has worked for? UPS for 5 years in Michigan an is looking to start working in TSG. This person is also 40 credit hrs from finishing a BBA in MIS.
What is the charge for health insurance?
Is there matching in your 401K?:confused:1

C

COonymous ANward

djbeckett said:
Do TSG techs get tuition reimbursement?
What is the current starting pay per hour for an employee that has worked for? UPS for 5 years in Michigan an is looking to start working in TSG. This person is also 40 credit hrs from finishing a BBA in MIS.
What is the charge for health insurance?
Is there matching in your 401K?:confused:1

Education -- for undergraduate only.

Pay -- it depends on the area of the country you are from. Since I am not from Michigan, I wouldn't know what to quote. Something like $20 an hour seems about right.

Job -- TSG just downsized, I doubt they would be hiring in the next couple of years, unless a bunch of people have left since the downsizing.

Insurance -- Really good insurance, still cheaper than most companies, but be prepared to spend some money. Price is dependent on dependents or not. Unable to quote a price -- figure between $50 to $200 a month.

401K -- UPS matches up to 3%. The match is not cash, but rather stock. Stock has been flat for years.

Confused -- Yeah, for even considering such an idea.

Overall -- TSG is a bad idea. If you want money, go union. If you want technology experience, go somewhere else.

feduptsg

Before you start thinking about tuition reimbursement,pay,etc, you might want to check out the current state of TSG by reading the posts relating to the TSG/TSC layoffs this year(http://www.browncafe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2739). There is supposedly a hiring freeze this year for TSG and I don't even know how secure the TSG dept is for the future. I think I might look at another company to start with. Good luck....

There is a freeze on TSG that I believe is company wide. Even if there is a TSG position open, it is not really a job for anyone trying to make a career in IT anymore. You would likely find more satisfaction in an IT department at a different company, with working at a large company is what you are after. Or possibly look into a smaller company with a startup type feel to it.

Yes TSG does offer tuition but they have changed the rules so that you have to stay for 2 years or pay it back. The wording states that the only exception is for retirement, which leads to the theory that even a layoff would force you to pay them back. There is also now a $25,000 lifetime cap, which can go quickly if you are pursuing an advanced degree. Oh yah, they don’t pay for books anymore.