Non-union Amazon has higher starting wages with similar and a few better benefits than unionized UPS....this is what will break the union

Big Rigger

Face it. $40/hr delivery drivers are a dying breed. Either bump into Feeders or retire as soon as you can.
Why don't you just bump into the classification you bid? Oh wait. That's the issue. Let's not deflect any more than you have in this thread.
Your empty excuses and presumptuous assessments of why the company can't seem to have a bench in your building is pretty creative and your actions are part of the problem.

It's obvious that you won't change your dishonest way of contract application but when you walk out the door it'll be like sticking your hand in a bucket of water, then pulling it out, and you'll see that the water looks the same as when you started. You either change things for the betterment of your coworkers while you're employed there or you step on the little people for your own gain when the door of opportunity opens.

Your legacy either strengthens the people left behind when you retire or it weakens their resolve. This company will continue to abuse it's workers for their own personal base gain so either stand up for the little people and their rights or strengthen the company abuses by being complicit with them by dishonestly breaking the CBA. You have already made your priority known.

This is the true test of a person's integrity and in the end it's all you'll take with you on the day you breathe your last breath.
I'd rather be hated by management and respected by my coworkers any day. But then again, I believe that honesty is forefront in every life situation.

Last edited:

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I make $38/hr and all of the entertainment I want. Not ready for the rocking chair on the front porch.

Are you expecting any improvements in your pension with this next contract ? Is there enough high seniority part timers to influence these negotiating committees to take you guys seriously?

I am presuming that you are under the Company controlled ”UPS Pension Plan” ... you already have over 40 years in and stuck in a plan that does not provide any future improvements past 35 years, which has never been right.

I understand why you never went full time, with your seniority it would be plain stupid to change pension plans, which happens in the Central and Southern supplements, not in the West.

Are you old enough to double dip into your social security without penalties (age 66) yet. Heard said that the Peer 80 members in the Western have the option to start collecting their retirement at age 65 instead of the standard 70 1/2 and still work, sure would be nice to triple dip..😎👍

Big Rigger

Are you expecting any improvements in your pension with this next contract ? Is there enough high seniority part timers to influence these negotiating committees to take you guys seriously?

I am presuming that you are under the Company controlled ”UPS Pension Plan” ... you already have over 40 years in and stuck in a plan that does not provide any future improvements past 35 years, which has never been right.

I understand why you never went full time, with your seniority it would be plain stupid to change pension plans, which happens in the Central and Southern supplements, not in the West.

Are you old enough to double dip into your social security without penalties (age 66) yet. Heard said that the Peer 80 members in the Western have the option to start collecting their retirement at age 65 instead of the standard 70 1/2 and still work, sure would be nice to triple dip..😎👍
66 + 4 months to get unlimited income. Waiting until 70 is not worth it considering the average age of a male's life is 80-85.
I didn't wait. It's not worth the gamble and life outside of that place is peace.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
66 + 4 months to get unlimited income. Waiting until 70 is not worth it considering the average age of a male's life is 80-85.
I didn't wait. It's not worth the gamble and life outside of that place is peace.

I started at 66 .. just a bit older.. real nice to collect your full Social Security and still work...

It does open a lot of opportunities... still have to work away, not leaving yet, basically working for the insurance. Both me and my wife have signed up for Medicare, it is listed as our secondary but never use it.

Stuck in the Central and I would love to have the option to collect my pension at 65 instead of waiting for 70 1/2...

I have to submit that when the local asks for proposals next year... maybe they will actually be read this time..👹

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I started at 66 .. just a bit older.. real nice to collect your full Social Security and still work...

It does open a lot of opportunities... still have to work away, not leaving yet, basically working for the insurance. Both me and my wife have signed up for Medicare, it is listed as our secondary but never use it.

Stuck in the Central and I would love to have the option to collect my pension at 65 instead of waiting for 70 1/2...

I have to submit that when the local asks for proposals next year... maybe they will actually be read this time..👹
That sucks, I’m getting my pension next month an I’m 64

UnionStrong

Old bastard
A7E652E6-69D0-45E8-B049-07928EBAE827.gif

I really doubt if they increase the PT pension next contract. Of course I was surprised the last time. Doesn't really cost the company much since there are so few PT that actually collect a pension. Some of my FT coworkers say they are going to start collecting SS later this year when they reach FRA. I'll be eligible early next year but that 8% increase every year is tempting to wait. Short answer is not changing anything unless my health starts to decline.

Big Rigger

I lost $20/week in SS by retiring at about 64.75. That is not worth waiting on bro.
Medicare with the supplement is much better than the enhanced TeamCare you are on. Much better.
I'd never waste another minute in that job knowing that I'd make a few more bucks just to die in 10-20 years as the average menial age is depicted.

Hey, (this is for anyone) if you really like your job more than hanging out with the kids, grandkids and wife have at it. But for me life is way too short to waste accruing money when you don't really need it. I watched several of our drivers retire and die of heart attacks and cancer right after retirement kicked in and a lot of that was job stress related. They were not in bad health.

Pick your poison they say. But as for me, when I saw what the difference was between working gross wages and my pension plus SS I said "Oh heck no I'm done". My wife has a husband now instead of a guy she had little quality time with. And she deserves it.

I did my time as steward and BA. The fight will never be over in that place. It's the legal game of Whack a Mole every day and continuously. Stress will destroy your health and looking back I can say that I'm really happy I left when I did.

The labor fight at ups is a righteous one. I did my time and if you actually knew the difference my steward friends and I made during our hey day as hourlies you would be proud. Many of those dissenters are now BAs and President of their locals because they never backed down. Never. And because of them the future of many teamsters in my state is brighter and more secure because they were MEN.

With that being said, screw the extra money vs time with my wife, children, and grandchildren.
THAT my friend is worth more than words can describe.
Where your treasure is your heart will be also.
Never forget that.

UnionStrong

I lost $20/week in SS by retiring at about 64.75. That is not worth waiting on bro.
Medicare with the supplement is much better than the enhanced TeamCare you are on. Much better.
I'd never waste another minute in that job knowing that I'd make a few more bucks just to die in 10-20 years as the average menial age is depicted.

Hey, (this is for anyone) if you really like your job more than hanging out with the kids, grandkids and wife have at it. But for me life is way too short to waste accruing money when you don't really need it. I watched several of our drivers retire and die of heart attacks and cancer right after retirement kicked in and a lot of that was job stress related. They were not in bad health.

Pick your poison they say. But as for me, when I saw what the difference was between working gross wages and my pension plus SS I said "Oh heck no I'm done". My wife has a husband now instead of a guy she had little quality time with. And she deserves it.

I did my time as steward and BA. The fight will never be over in that place. It's the legal game of Whack a Mole every day and continuously. Stress will destroy your health and looking back I can say that I'm really happy I left when I did.

The labor fight at ups is a righteous one. I did my time and if you actually knew the difference my steward friends and I made during our hey day as hourlies you would be proud. Many of those dissenters are now BAs and President of their locals because they never backed down. Never. And because of them the future of many teamsters in my state is brighter and more secure because they were MEN.

With that being said, screw the extra money vs time with my wife, children, and grandchildren.
Never forget that.
I was friends with an old timer that wouldn’t retire, money was no object, he just couldn’t do it. 35+ years he finally retired, died right after his party. Left a rich widow. I can’t believe it to this day and it was almost 20 years ago. I wasn’t gonna let that happen to me. You’re right, money isn’t everything.

UnionStrong

Never forget that.
He was a great guy too. Helped me a lot when I was a pup. No health problems, but he had a massive heart attack. :censored2:ing sad! We are Men brother, in a way that the new guys will never know. I hope they have the balls we had to hold this company accountable. Thank you for you’re service.

Big Rigger

I was friends with an old timer that wouldn’t retire, money was no object, he just couldn’t do it. 35+ years he finally retired, died right after his party. Left a rich widow. I can’t believe it to this day and it was almost 20 years ago. I wasn’t gonna let that happen to me. You’re right, money isn’t everything.
I talked to a Pepsi driver in our local at the grocery store check out. He and his wife were so excited to get to retirement. He died within a week of his retirement. Another driver from the local grocery warehouse in the local made it about 30 days when he retired until he died.

Everyone thinks they have a handle on life longevity and it's fools gold.

You've got to figure the odds. Your body is not a machine but it's been treated like one for decades in this job.
Get out and live the life you want. Do it while you can really enjoy it because tomorrow may not come and all the freaking pension and wealth in the world will not be what you are thinking about in that death bed with your family standing there dying inside helpless to extend one more day of your life.

We plan all of our financial futures but leave out the one thing you can't replace or pass down.

Time with Dad.

UnionStrong

I talked to a Pepsi driver in our local at the grocery store check out. He and his wife were so excited to get to retirement. He died within a week of his retirement. Another driver from the local grocery warehouse in the local made it about 30 days when he retired until he died.

Everyone thinks they have a handle on life longevity and it's fools gold.

You've got to figure the odds. Your body is not a machine but it's been treated like one for decades in this job.
Get out and live the life you want. Do it while you can really enjoy it because tomorrow may not come and all the freaking pension and wealth in the world will not be what you are thinking about in that death bed with your family standing there dying inside helpless to extend one more day of your life.

We plan all of our financial futures but leave out the one thing you can't replace or pass down.

Time with Dad.
It’s true. Can’t be explained. But how many times has it happened! I’ve been to too many wakes.😢