What Part-Timers will get.

TeltBender

All new PT hires are guaranteed $16.65 after they pass their probationary period and join the union. That's when the Cost of Living Adjustment kicks in. $16.65 is the contract wage of $15.50 + .82 COLA + .33 COLA = $16.65. And a four year seniority PT doesn't make more than a 30 day seniority PT. It's all the same in the current contract.

It's not just your region, they're hiring at $16.20 (or more) everywhere.

Sorry, but it's already happening. UPS is and has been at $20+ at dozens of hubs. In some cities, package handlers are starting at $22, $23, $24. Sorry to all the teamsters who were cheated for so long.
it is $23 in pretty much all NJ

TeltBender

The issue is/was pay and benefits.
Minimum wage is a "respectable hourly wage" for a PT position. Most PT positions do not include the fantastic benefit package that UPS provides.
If you owned a business or had some training in Business Finance you'd understand.
Not to mention, UPS created PT positions to be what they are, not what the employees wish them to be.
I’m sure they can’t afford to give up a piece of that 100 billion $ pie

mikejonesjr

Fifth. Half the pay, less than half the hours. They're lucky if they can even clear 25k a year.

Parttimers make so little money they can qualify for Medicaid in many states. I certainly did before my current position. Medicaid is better than teamcare in many ways and the only thing our benefits package saved me was about $400 annually from dental visits.
If you’re only comparing top rate drivers to new hire part timers to make your point lol sure

10:30 resi

The issue is/was pay and benefits.
Minimum wage is a "respectable hourly wage" for a PT position. Most PT positions do not include the fantastic benefit package that UPS provides.
If you owned a business or had some training in Business Finance you'd understand.
Not to mention, UPS created PT positions to be what they are, not what the employees wish them to be.
Minimum wage is not a respectable wage for any position. It is the minimum legally allowed. In fact, I think it is quite disrespectful as you are signaling to the worker that you would value them less if you could.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Why you guys hate part timers so much lol. We do back breaking work and get treated like garbage while paid a low wage. Is it that bad to ask for a decent wage?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
That “100 billion $ pie” is revenue, not profit.

UPS Annual Net income profit in 2018 = 4,791 Billion....(beginning of current contract)

UPS Annual Net income profit in 2022 = 11,548 Billion...(last year)

Do the MATH next time the Company says:

"We can't afford that"......

How stupid can we get????.....:nobrainzombis:

TeltBender

wahhh wahhh it’s 150 degrees in this truck wahhh we only get paid $16 an hour wahhh when is my 4 hour shift gonna end?!

Shut up sissies!!!