Do you believe UPS should be reported to OSHA for not supplying water correctly nor adequately to you and your coworkers? ( On Topic Only Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

upschuck

Can you please be less insulting when you are replying not so much to me but to others.

We don’t have to agree but we should respect each other right to disagree.

Yes I can read. I think you are.

1915.88(b)(1)
The employer shall provide potable water for all employee health and personal needs and ensure that only potable water is used for these purposes.
1915.88(b)(2)
The employer shall provide potable drinking water in amounts that are adequate to meet the health and personal needs of each employee.
1915.88(b)(3)
The employer shall dispense drinking water from a fountain, a covered container with single-use drinking cups stored in a sanitary receptacle, or single-use bottles. The employer shall prohibit the use of shared drinking cups, dippers, and water bottles.

Fountains may be adequate for inside employees, in my building UPS has decided they are not. They provide water in single use bottles, they provide large igloo coolers, and ice, closer to the work areas than some of the fountains.

Fountains would not meet the requirements for drivers. I don’t think UPS wants to install fountains on their trucks.

1915.88(b)(1)
The employer shall provide potable water for all employee health and personal needs and ensure that only potable water is used for these purposes.
1915.88(b)(2)
The employer shall provide potable drinking water in amounts that are adequate to meet the health and personal needs of each employee.
1915.88(b)(3)
The employer shall dispense drinking water from a fountain, a covered container with single-use drinking cups stored in a sanitary receptacle, or single-use bottles. The employer shall prohibit the use of shared drinking cups, dippers, and water bottles.

UPS clearly has to provide means of dispensing the water to drivers while on route as you see in bold above UPS has 2 options by which to comply.

1915.88(b)(1)
1915.88(b)(2)
1915.88(b)(3)

It is not that simple. UPS is responsible to see that each employee has not all they want but an adequate supply based upon health and safety professional recommendations for drinking water requirements for hot weather.
In case you missed it I highlighted an important word in that sentence. So fountains, do in fact, satisfy that article.

Integrity

Binge Poster
In case you missed it I highlighted an important word in that sentence. So fountains, do in fact, satisfy that article.
Obviously I disagree with you interpretation and reading of that standard as you obviously do mine.

I think we can leave it at that, no?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
We’re trained to work in 115 degree heat! He’s fine! Lol

I just think we should be allowed to get water however we see fit, without fear of reprisal, since the company doesn't properly provide for it. It's not asking too much, but some people are really wrapped up in telling everyone how they should prepare for their day rather than sticking up for their fellow members.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I just think we should be allowed to get water however we see fit, without fear of reprisal, since the company doesn't properly provide for it. It's not asking too much, but some people are really wrapped up in telling everyone how they should prepare for their day rather than sticking up for their fellow members.
I always got water or Gatorade when I needed it.

Trucker Clock

I always got water or Gatorade when I needed it.

I'm tired of dealing with these people who fight over the little things. I understand that, by law, the Company must provide water. I'm fighting for bigger issues, like 11 hour days, forced 6th punches, harassment, health care, job security, wages. etc.

If the Company abides by OSHA and supplies water, good for them. If they don't provide me free water, I'll bring my own.

These people need to learn to pick their battles. If they "force" the Company to provide free water by filing a complaint through OSHA, that's fine. The Company then puts this issue in their pocket and thinks they need something from us because they abided by the law.

The people who think it does not happen this way are delusional. No names mentioned and no bullying intended, but they know who they are.

They are fighting over water. Sorry, but I have bigger fish to fry. If they don't supply me with water, I will make sure that I have plenty of water to get me through the day for my health and safety. I can take care of my own needs without the Company's help.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
We all have drinking fountains in our facilities, right?
We all have enough drinking water to keep us all safe and healthy, and it's clean enough.

Case closed. No OSHA violation.
Idk
I filled my bottle up one time using the building water and it sat for a day and I opened it and it smelled like gas.
Never again

Trucker Clock

Idk
I filled my bottle up one time using the building water and it sat for a day and I opened it and it smelled like gas.
Never again

In that case, they need to supply bottled water until the issue is fixed. But, most places I have been to have multiple filtered fountains.

Elkay.jpg

Trucker Clock

What is your definition of "or"? I don't see any other interpretation there can be.

He doesn't know what he is talking about. UPS did not decide to supply bottled water as their means of abiding by the law. UPS does not tell OSHA how they are going to supply water, like he thinks happens.

I'm sure his building has water fountains. OSHA regulations met.

UPS just decides to "also" supply bottled water. Mainly for production issues. They can cease to supply bottled water at any time and still be compliant with the law, no matter what he thinks. There is no interpretation of the law, like he thinks there is.

UPS did not decide to supply bottled water as their means of satisfying the law, and thus must continue to supply bottled water. They can stop at any time and still be within the law, as long as the water fountains are functional.

upschuck

He doesn't know what he is talking about. UPS did not decide to supply bottled water as their means of abiding by the law. UPS does not tell OSHA how they are going to supply water, like he thinks happens.

I'm sure his building has water fountains. OSHA regulations met.

UPS just decides to "also" supply bottled water. Mainly for production issues. They can cease to supply bottled water at any time and still be compliant with the law, no matter what he thinks. There is no interpretation of the law, like he thinks there is.

UPS did not decide to supply bottled water as their means of satisfying the law, and thus must continue to supply bottled water. They can stop at any time and still be within the law, as long as the water fountains are functional.
Just trying to show him his error, but he is stuck in his biases. He takes what is written, and doesn't think all the words are actually to be taken as part of the statement.

He does this with regularity.

Status
Not open for further replies.