Do you believe UPS should be reported to OSHA for not supplying water correctly nor adequately to you and your coworkers? ( On Topic Only Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

qdg2

I’m curious why adults think a company has to provide them with water other than from a faucet or water fountain, ice yes, but why bottled water?
Covid......sanitation.....ever been in a UPS facility? Nastiest places on earth....

I've watched countless people go to the bathroom......whatever they do and just walk right out.....

Then take that same hand and put right on the water fountain and especially the ice machine dispenser to get a handful.....right on it hand to metal contact.

qdg2

Unless the water in the building has been proven to be BAD WHY should UPS have to do any more than provide good tap water out of a faucet? You want bottled water---bring it from home.
Bottled water pretty handy in a feeder.....

Want me to hoist a big ole jug while driving? How many time you want me to stop to do this? Serious questions.

And yes, I expect UPS to provide me with drinking water at work. Whatever that takes.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That was how always I looked at it (except for the man part). Plus, major pet peeve of mine is to see half empty bottles of water sitting all around.
I learned it as a boy playing sports if you don’t bring something to drink you might go thirsty
Taught the same thing to my kids and they are now teaching their kids
My pet peeve is people that depend on other people for things you should be able to take care of yourself

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Want me to hoist a big ole jug while driving? How many time you want me to stop to do this? Serious questions.

And yes, I expect UPS to provide me with drinking water at work. Whatever that takes.
Why should ups be expected to buy your water? Serious question….
Bully free zone

rod

Retired 22 years
Covid......sanitation.....ever been in a UPS facility? Nastiest places on earth....

I've watched countless people go to the bathroom......whatever they do and just walk right out.....

Then take that same hand and put right on the water fountain and especially the ice machine dispenser to get a handful.....right on it hand to metal contact.
UPS'ers are basically pigs. It comes with dealing with dirty cardboard 24/7. I remember some of our rural route drivers that had a ton of dirt road coming back to the building looking like Africans

rod

Retired 22 years

I bet you expect me to pay your student loan for you too. Are you too weak to take 3 or 4 bottles of water from home. If you are drinking that much you are stopping to pee every hour anyway.

upschuck

UPS is required to supply sufficient quantity for the duration of the work. The way I see it they are in violation by not seeing that they have enough for the entire sort.
They have water fountains too. They are providing enough water, it's just not as cold.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

Why would the jug have to be large?

Buy small refillable bottles, if you're worried about the size of the bottle.

I have yet to hear of a UPS without any drinking fountain or tap water available.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I’am a grown ass man I don’t need UPS to provide me water.
I’am a grown ass man I don’t need UPS to provide me water
That may be so but it doesn’t change UPS responsibility to provide water to UPS employees.
You act like your 12 take a little personal responsibility
I disagree with this insult.

Do you view yourself as a company man?

I agree. UPS should take their personal responsibility as a company to provide cool water in adequate supplies to their worker’s in close proximity to their work.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
Really you should be bringing in your own water bottle. At my local, we have refilling stations/water fountains in every work area and bathroom. We also have 3 ice machines in the building.

If you don't have water, then it's your fault, you can ask for a UPS bottle and they will provide one, but really you should bring your own. I used to carry a gallon milk jug of water and it lasts me the whole shift. Walmart/Target sells relatively cheap thermal water bottles to keep your drink cool. Amazon you can buy a 22-128 oz for $24-$60 thermal bottles by Buzio.
IMO UPS should supply all this.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Answered above.

Because they are required to by OSHA regulations.
Can you quote the regulations?

I recall disagreeing with your definitions in a different thread.

I remember seeing the word "should" thrown around quite a bit, and dispute that that means that UPS is in violation of anything if they choose to disregard that.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
1915.88(b)
Potable water.
1915.88(b)(1)
The employer shall provide potable water for all employee health and personal needs and ensure that only potable water is used for these purposes.
1915.88(b)(2)
The employer shall provide potable drinking water in amounts that are adequate to meet the health and personal needs of each employee.
1915.88(b)(3)
The employer shall dispense drinking water from a fountain, a covered container with single-use drinking cups stored in a sanitary receptacle, or single-use bottles. The employer shall prohibit the use of shared drinking cups, dippers, and water bottles.

We all have drinking fountains in our facilities, right?
We all have enough drinking water to keep us all safe and healthy, and it's clean enough.

Case closed. No OSHA violation.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Unless the water in the building has been proven to be BAD WHY should UPS have to do any more than provide good tap water out of a faucet? You want bottled water---bring it from home.
They don’t, but individual bottles is probably the most sanitary.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

I always had a gallon steel container filled with iced water. In the morning I would fill a 32 oz steel cup that had a straw with iced water. When that was gone, I refilled it all day from the gallon jug. Voila! Iced cold water all day. I never had to take my eyes off the road to take a drink.

Integrity

Binge Poster

I have observed the same unsanitary conditions routine and regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.