Do you believe UPS should be reported to OSHA for not supplying water correctly nor adequately to you and your coworkers? ( On Topic Only Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

qdg2

A large jug is a problem? Less space than a cooler with bottles.
Yes.

I put 8 water bottles in my backpack and I'm on my way. UPS provides this water.

My feeder cab is climate controlled....the water stays cool or warm enough to not be unpleasant.

The problems begin when I have to start stopping frequently to obtain water.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yes.

I put 8 water bottles in my backpack and I'm on my way. UPS provides this water.

My feeder cab is climate controlled....the water stays cool or warm enough to not be unpleasant.

The problems begin when I have to start stopping frequently to obtain water.
Take 2 coolers

Integrity

Binge Poster
To put some reality to this.

In your opinion how much water should a UPS Package Car Driver have taken with him/her to ensure there was an adequate supply for the full day in Houston Texas this week?

Figure a 10 hour work day and a heavy workload.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
To put some reality to this.

In your opinion how much water should a UPS Package Car Driver have taken with him/her to ensure there was an adequate supply for the full day in Houston Texas this week?

Figure a 10 hour work day and a heavy workload.
I actually really liked how it was put in my building.
"If you aren't bringing water back, you took too little".

I figure a couple gallons maybe?
Really gonna depend on the physique of the person, the route, the shade. A million factors.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
With all earned respect....

I am a feeder driver....I'm gone from the building 12 hours a day.

I may or may not meet my meet guy at a place that has water.

Buy? I work for UPS...they can BUY the bottles.

The jug would be large so I won't run out!!!!!!! OMG.
You truly have been institutionalized. let daddy ups take care of it

Not bullying stating fact

Integrity

Binge Poster
You truly have been institutionalized. let daddy ups take care of it

Not bullying stating fact
IMO Any employees at UPS who are afraid to stand up for their rights and while doing so stand up for the rights of all employees by desiring to hold the company to their responsibilities under OSHA are the most institutionalized.

They defend and justify the company’s failures at the expense of the employees.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I actually really liked how it was put in my building.
"If you aren't bringing water back, you took too little".

I figure a couple gallons maybe?
Really gonna depend on the physique of the person, the route, the shade. A million factors.
Based upon OSHA guidelines about 2.5 gallons is probably an adequate supply for the day.

Saca La

What is it?
I just buy my own. If I forget to bring any I just grab a few bottles from the warehouse. If there isn’t any I just stop somewhere and get some water. Or just bring water from your house.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMO Any employees at UPS who are afraid to stand up for their rights and while doing so stand up for the rights of all employees by desiring to hold the company to their responsibilities under OSHA are the most institutionalized.

I don’t think you know what “institutionalized “ means

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Makes no sense ^^^^^

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Ok.

You represent the hourlies on this subject of water supply?
We don't have a contract article that stipulates UPS's responsibilities regarding water. That's why we are talking about OSHA.

If my local had an article that covered water, I would absolutely represent them with regards to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.